Well, they kicked me out of the official Chord Poly Thread ...
Apr 12, 2019 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

paul.tonnenberg

Formerly known as HugoBerg
I have now been expelled from the Chord Poly Thread, because I have obviously addressed too many uncomfortable truths. With which the manufacturer "Chord" obviously is not very satisfied of.

Because the truth here in this forum is a very uncomfortable and not welcomed guest, so that is also now my last post in this forum. I no longer see any sense in staying here any longer.

Apr 12, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 19
I have now been expelled from the Chord Poly Thread, because I have obviously addressed too many uncomfortable truths. With which the manufacturer "Chord" obviously is not very satisfied of.

Because the truth here in this forum is a very uncomfortable and not welcomed guest, so that is also now my last post in this forum. I no longer see any sense in staying here any longer.
Sometimes it can be how you say things. There is almost always a more diplomatic way to say things and I often find people can be very rude, too direct and brash when they decide to "tell it like it is" and then they are shocked that people respond negatively to their truth-telling and things spiral downhill quickly. I actually have no idea what you did or did not do so I am not accusing you, but I am willing to suggest that sometimes people fail to consider how they may have been partially responsible for a conversation going wrong and they have a blind spot into their own behaviour. If that doesn't describe your situation my apology and I hope things level out. Open and honest dialogue is always welcome, but it must be respectful and constructive, not simply blaming, accusing and venting.

Apr 12, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 19
good luck trying to get total transparency from a manufacturer regarding poorly designed or implemented products. it ain't gonna happen and if that manufacturer is a sponsor of the site you are espousing your truth it really ain't gonna happen. not to mention having to fight off the horde of fanboys that don't want to hear or believe anything but the absolute best regarding "their" product.

Apr 13, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 19

We can start a club.

There were red flags before the product was released. After release, I sort of enjoyed going back and seeing they were confirmed.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #7 of 19
There were red flags before the product was released. After release, I sort of enjoyed going back and seeing they were confirmed.
I don't even own a Mojo (nevermind a Poly), but I was following the Poly thread for awhile and check back on occasion because it is like watching a train wreck in progress — I just couldn't look away. There was so much drama after the release, with Chord blaming customers for their Poly not working. The thread has ballooned to 13,000 posts, almost all concerning customers trying to get through the issues on their expensive device.

Apr 14, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #9 of 19
Sounds like I did a good thing getting out of that thread pretty much right away when it began. At the time I did own a Mojo and simply was hoping for a very simple device to enable me to stream via Bluetooth to the Mojo. Once it became clear that the Poly was aiming to be more than that, and rather expensive I no longer needed to pay attention so I didn't. Sounds like the whole thing devolved into a mess. I found the FiiO Q5 all that I needed and I still love it so for anybody who just needs a truly portable, great sounding device that is Bluetooth enabled, the Q5 is worth considering. I am bummed to hear that the Poly has been problematic for some people, I know that people who like Chord products (that would include me in my limited exposure) tend to like them quite a bit so this must be frustrating.

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #10 of 19

Sorry to see you go. I enjoyed our exchanges. I hope you did.

May 8, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #11 of 19
Well. Pointing out flaws is easy. I can do it too. Here’s a freebie for ya: you ended your sentence with “of”.

On the other hand constructive criticism shows a way to improve. Another freebie: Do not use the word “of” to end sentences. The word must be used in between two verbs, two nouns, or a combination Thereof.

May 11, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #12 of 19
You can't convince people if they are already sold or rooted very deep into their beliefs. It's like religion. No point in arguing, it's just not healthy and the only thing you can do is move on.
I don't post here as much as I used to but still lurking about because it's still a good forum to see the latest updates about what is new.

But frankly speaking, what is new is not necessarily better. What is alarming from what I have observe is that new products that comes out does not offer much improvement and worse case a downgrade yet prices are continuously escalating. The poly from the get go is a fail in my opinion. I did share my piece, left and never came back. :)
People are free to give their own opinion. It's just up to you find what are the facts.

There are many audio forums out there that are only interested in facts.

May 11, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 19
We can start a club.

Yeah I remember you are very active arguing the merits of the specs back then. But with the price of poly, they only need to sell a few and they can turn a healthy profit I guess. Not sure how much it cost now but it was more than the mojo as far as I remember.

May 12, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #14 of 19
Yeah I remember you are very active arguing the merits of the specs back then. But with the price of poly, they only need to sell a few and they can turn a healthy profit I guess. Not sure how much it cost now but it was more than the mojo as far as I remember.
More like hundreds of units needing to be sold. I can only imagine that regardless of how well or not the Poly met expectations it must have cost quite a bit to develop.

May 12, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #15 of 19
But with the price of poly, they only need to sell a few and they can turn a healthy profit I guess.
It's very possible that the Poly hasn't become profitable yet. The hardware was expensive to design and manufacture (a 10 layer circuit board) and the firmware and software updates (fixes, really) are a continuing sinkhole of expense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back