Well-sounding DAP - what to buy? T.T
Sep 6, 2009 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jeycam

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,
As I'm saying "good bye" to my iPhone 2G soon, I've got to buy some other DAP. I haven't got any IEMs for now, I'm willing to buy something in the future, though. Probably Audeos, or something like these. But back to the DAP - I listened to iPhone 3GS today - it sounds great, but it's definitely too expensive here, in Poland. That's why I'm looking for something similar sounding, with at least 30GB of space (more - better :p). At first, I thought about 5,5G iPod Video, but AFAIK it's colder and it won't sound that good with Phonaks and I've got no idea about what other IEMs to buy. iRivers would be nice, but it's extremely hard to find cheap 40GB and you can't swap the disk to 20GB version. I owned an iAudio X5, but I don't like the subpack thing. I also can't handle the S9 or Sony X-series DAP. I don't really want an iPod Touch too, I'm gonna to change my phone for HTC Hero, which is cheap in my carrier, so I don't need any other gear to browse net, or so. Any ideas, guys? >.>

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #4 of 12
I thought about Zune too, but well, it doesn't support FLAC. How about choosing IEMs for a Video?

Sep 7, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 12
tbh really don't need lossless on a DAP- although I'd still put it down as a requirement, it's nice but unless you either have a small collection, or fit a huge HD somehow, it's bit of a novelty. Stick to high bitrate ogg. I'd second H140 brilliant DAP but I'd want to upgrade HD but it's too costly unless you buy a cheap H140 with knackered or no HD then fit 120GB yourself. How large is your lossless collection? Flac uses more battery power as the HD spins up more often.

TF10 from H140 are very nice but it does have some hiss, I tried a portable headphone amplifier from line out, no hiss anymore.

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #6 of 12
Your requirement have limited a lot of players. Sony X 1o6o have a goodsound and have a 32G memory, but you think the price is too higher.

And you don't like the IPOD seiries.And S9 is also exclusived.

HiFIMan and Creative X -FI are expensive too.

AMP3 seems worth to consideration. You can get a decent DAP/amp hybride, and plus a hifi grade earphone. the price is $159.

The problem of AMP3 is the memory which is not as larger as your requirement. But you can add any memory by the internal SD(HC)card.

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #7 of 12
Well, it's not like that I don't like an iPod, I owned 3 of them (Nano 1G, Touch 1G and as for now, an iPhone and was happy with them all). I have simply no idea what IEMs to use it with :p I just saw an AMP3, does it support a 16GB SDHC? Because on hisoundaudio there's written that it supports up to 8GB.

Sep 8, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #11 of 12
Samsung P3, Philips SA5295, Philips Muse 16GB*SA1MUS16K and Fuze

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #12 of 12
as long as people are talking about h140's, I should point out that the Gigabeat F40 sounds great and doesn't cost a lot.

(no, I don't have any for sale right now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back