Well, I think it is safe to say that none of our head-fi equipment will fly anymore
Aug 12, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #91 of 106
With liquids not allowed in the cabin, it looks like there'll be no more alcohol and perfume available through duty-free then either. That's going to hurt the duty-free merchants quite a bit I would think.

Aug 12, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #92 of 106
Next step they should ban Mentos and Diet Coke, I mean it really blows, doesn't it?
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #93 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
With liquids not allowed in the cabin, it looks like there'll be no more alcohol and perfume available through duty-free then either. That's going to hurt the duty-free merchants quite a bit I would think.

Which really makes me think how bad this is for customers like my dad who only buy alcohol at duty free shops (probably has somewhere between 50-100 bottles in the basement all from the duty free.)

Aug 12, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #94 of 106
Quote:

It's because there are some strong feelings here both and against what you think is teh obvious, and it flared up bigtime when there used to be a forum here called Take it Outside. You wouldn't believe the nutjobs that reared their ugly heads, and it gave a bad feeling throughout the entire forum.

That's fine. I specifically said "civilized," though.

Quote:

Please refrain from political discussions in any of the Head-Fi forums. Political posts will be deleted without further explanation.

I'm asking for one.

Aug 12, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #95 of 106
the no liquids and other precautions are only temperary until the ordeal is sorted out. Thats the plan anyway.

Aug 12, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #96 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
That's fine. I specifically said "civilized," though.

I'm asking for one.

The TIO forum was before your time, the Reader's Digest version is that it didn't do so well. The reasonable debate was just.not.possible. Hence, the rules.

Aug 25, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #99 of 106
FWIW, I flew today from O'Hare to Seattle with 2 iPods, AKGK81dj's, Senn PMX70's, UE 5EB's, and a Ray Samuels Hornet (not to mention my Laptop and lots of power cords)-- no problems.

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #103 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by hulkster
I will have to sneak my gear throuh my rectum, like a true mastermind...I think the ZVM and ksc75s would fit...

What if they set off the metal detector and they ask you to take them out?

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:00 PM Post #105 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip
Fly Alaska Airlines
biggrin.gif

No, seriously, you should. My ol' man is a captain of a 737-800.

Alaska has had some serious, NASTY problems lately with their aircraft or luggage handling... or so I seem to remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back