Well,I got booted from another forum
Oct 6, 2002 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
I had been posting to the forums at one of the big record collecting sites for about a year, until today.I was asked in a very unkind manner to get lost.I don't really care but since I don't post to many forums I feel like I don't have many cyber-friends anymore
frown.gif
.Last year I was asked to stop posting at the Buell Motortcycle forums.I just don't know where I fit in.I'm so lost.

Actually I won't miss the snobs at the record site or the anti-social nit-wits at the Buell site.The guys at the record site were always getting upset with me for giving away records or selling them cheap to newbies.Those guys always abused new posters and treated them with great disdain.I would answer questions for them and advise them not to pay big money for records that were artificially overpriced, which always drew critisism from other forum users.These guys constantly gave me **** about my records thinking I didn't actually have as many as I said.Until a local member came by my house to verify the collection I put up with that stuff.Most of these people are not audio enthusiasts and own mediocre systems and don't even play the records they own.There ain't a single record in my collection I won't play and those guys hated me for that.The main forum admin called me a "hack" and said my records were being held hostage by a "fool with no knowledge of records or values".To me,If I pay $5.00 for a record then that record is worth $5.00,I don't care if some book or site says it's worth $500.00.I would find records cheap and sell them cheap or give them away if I had duplicates or no interest in that title.I was accused of " destroying record values" and promoting the destruction of rare,valuable records.That's just stupid.Today was the last straw I guess.I sent one of the forum newbies a pristine first pressing of a rare Motown title and the guys on the site went nuts when the newbie posted a thank-you thread.I was insulted in every way possible by a wide range of members.All my responses were deleted so I was not even able to fire back.Oh well.......

The Buell board was even worse.I take an Anti-loud pipes,Pro-Helmet position and have a deep dislike of the Harley lifestyle.That didn't fly too well with that group.When I attended the Buell homecoming in East Troy,Wisconsin(where Buell motorcycles are manufactured) I got to meet some of the forum members and found them to be jerks of the highest order.I clearly did not fit in, if you know what I mean.Luckily Erik Buell,THE MAN ,hung out with me and the other hangers-on cut me some slack.When I got back home I was greeted by racial insults and other stupid **** on the forum from guys who were not bold enough to say this stuff to my face.I was not shocked but was hurt.

The MARINES forums, military Special Forces forums as well as head-fi are a sanctuary of like minded individuals.Even if we disagree often, we have most of the same interests and treat one another with civility and respect.Sometimes the zealots on the special forces forums go overboard in attempts to weed out fakes and jump on the wrong guys,(it's hard to back-track after calling a guy a lying person).Most of the guys here are really decent and these forums are simply the best moderated on the net.I still post most to the MARINES forums but this place is a close second and I like the company I keep here.

Oct 6, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 31
Tuberoller, however the other forums act, you're definitely appreciated here! I can honestly say that I've learned a lot from your postings, and I probably would never have tracked down a Fisher 400 if it weren't for your enthusiasm (plus the enthusiasm of others on this board -- I don't want you guys to feel left out either!). I think it's great that you sent the newbie a Motown album; music is meant to be enjoyed, and I'm sure he or she will really appreciate it. Who knows, ten years from now, he might pass it on to another vinyl newbie...

Oct 6, 2002 at 3:30 AM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
hey tuberoller, Iam both an audio enthusiast and a harley rider, you don't hate me do you?

You are way cool with me since you are a Firefighter too.I don't dislike Harley people in general.I just don't like the people who think they have to act tough to ride a Harley.I really don't want to get into that here.

Oct 6, 2002 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 31
Hey Tuberoller, sorry to hear of your mistreatment. I've always valued your opinion here. In fact it's because of you that I went out to the garage and checked out the box of LP's that is stored out there. Now I am considering a turntable to check them out on. Except for that Frampton album
redface.gif

I'm glad your here
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2002 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 31
Tuberoller, there's always room for people who stand up for their convictions and show kindness, consideration, and a willingness to help out new people such as myself get started in this hobby. I too learn a lot from what you post here and really appreciate it.

Oct 6, 2002 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 31
tuberoller, I was just kidding anyway but I agree with you in that regard, I just love harleys, thats why I have one, but I'm not your "typical" black shirt tough guy motorcycle rider anyway....

Oct 6, 2002 at 3:58 AM Post #9 of 31
Sorry to hear that Fred. Unfortunately, the anti-socials (or as i call them "the retard riot") always seem to veer their ugly heads on forums and fire off their loner/jaded jibber jabber at other people. Those people are all wimps in my book.

It really ticks me off that they think your devaluing their prized vinyl by sending out freebies to newbies, what dumbasses!

Oct 6, 2002 at 4:05 AM Post #10 of 31
Tuberoller
HI: You know that you are always welcome here at head-fi. I am also a US MARINE even if I am 60 years old onec a MARINE always a MARINE. Now years ago I was one of them tough harly guys in a Out law 1 percenter motorcycle club So you might not have liked me then but now I am a 60 year old sports car driver on my owne no club just a member on head-fi but dont let nobody kick you off nowhere. Just for spite I hope you post where they kicked you off and tell them you got my phone # if they would like a visit. I make them an offer that they cant refuse. We like you here so screw the other sites.

Oct 6, 2002 at 4:33 AM Post #11 of 31
Tuberoller,

It might have felt like a slap in the face, but you're better off. Anywhere your honesty, integrity, and kindness are perceived as a threat is not a place you want to be.

Oct 6, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #13 of 31
Hey, Fred!
I knew it. There’s no way that you really own all that equipment in your profile, or all those records. You’re not fooling me, or anybody else.
rolleyes.gif

Anyhow, I wouldn't worry about those fools, it's their loss anyway. Everybody here knows that your just being kind passing along some of the things you don't want, or need for cheap.
Hell, maybe this is a good thing; now you'll post here even more.

Oct 6, 2002 at 5:13 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
I take an Anti-loud pipes,Pro-Helmet position

God bless you Tuberoller. Loud motorcycles are the bane of my existence in the neighborhood I live in in Los Angeles, where 3 a.m. seems to be the most appropriate time for these ******** to [size=medium]ROAR[/size] down the street and wake everyone up. Granted, a general lack of civility exists in any large city, but even the most boneheaded, selfish individuals have to be aware in one of the two brain cells they operate that people are generally asleep early in the morning.

Oct 6, 2002 at 7:00 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry
God bless you Tuberoller. Loud motorcycles are the bane of my existence in the neighborhood I live in in Los Angeles, where 3 a.m. seems to be the most appropriate time for these ******** to [size=medium]ROAR[/size] down the street and wake everyone up. Granted, a general lack of civility exists in any large city, but even the most boneheaded, selfish individuals have to be aware in one of the two brain cells they operate that people are generally asleep early in the morning.

It ain't just the large cities. My town is 10,000 and we got the same problem with biker pipes.
No offense Tuberoller but I think helmet LAWS suck. Helmets are okay, if you want them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back