Welcome to the SchiitShow!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #437 of 475
Two new ideas:

1. Power switch on the front
2. Remote control

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #438 of 475
Yes a multibit Gungnir for my lc and perhaps a mjolnir, if tube based. My wallet does not have a chance in hades. Lol:)

or you can replace your Lyr 2's tube with LISST!

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #440 of 475
 I didn't want to spend so much on the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil, and thought it would be overkill for my space/setup. But I think I may have to buy this new Schiit. I'm like the perfect target market for them. :wink:

I'm still within a 30 day return policy on my Oppo HA-1.

More power with the Schiit, right?

Decisions decisions...

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #441 of 475
Aug 15, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #442 of 475
I am a bit dence , what is LISST?

I think it stands for Lithium-ion solid state tube.  So it should be LiSST.  In any case I am waiting for a description of what exactly there are.

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #443 of 475
  I think it stands for Lithium-ion solid state tube.  So it should be LiSST.  In any case I am waiting for a description of what exactly there are.

Me too...

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #444 of 475
+1 thanks, and yes like you I am waiting for more detailed description.

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #445 of 475
+1 thanks, and yes like you I am waiting for more detailed description.

I have a few guesses since I am a little bit familiar with current advances in battery and capacitor technology but I'll wait for Mr. Moffatt to explain.  :)

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #447 of 475
Very much looking forward to the info on the LISST tubes as well. Not something you see often. (I've run into a few working in recording studios but all were rather old)

Interesting.  Know of any links?

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #449 of 475
Interesting.  Know of any links?

Just a few. Not much info but here's what I now of. The vintage Mics I've used essentially were wired for triode operation, and the designers just stuck a dual-FET "tube" in place of the triode, and output it into a MOSFET setup. LI could also stand for low impedance on this case, as FETs are inherently high impedance, but doubling them up and running bipolar current through could make them more efficient. Not really something I know a ton about though, info is sketchy even on the pro audio side of things. (I'm just a lowly music student though, so take it all with a grain of salt XP)

http://gabevee.tripod.com/sstube.html

http://www.muzicosphere.com/solid-state-tubes-for-amps-by-amt/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back