Welcome to College
Sep 1, 2007 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

colonelkernel8

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I have arrived at college now, sort of (at a hotel, move in tomorrow). It is kind of nerve wracking for me (and im sure most others) especially if you are going to be way out of town (I am about 700 miles from home). I also just realized that it will be impossible to post my dorm setup as I have no camera. Post your college-beginning experiences, or anything else college related (majors, etc). I will be majoring in computer engineering.

I will be offline for a few days until I get my computer. This is from the hotel computer.

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 4
I leave for school on the 6th, have orientation for a few days, then start school. Goin to ART SCHOOL baby! Don't know my major yet though.

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 4
I just got to university a few days ago. (York U's Glendon College represent.)

I miss my family more than I thought I ever would. I'm not an outgoing person, and I'm kind of an awkward individual at the best of times. Making friends quickly is not one of the things I'm good at. I've been talking to a few of my older friends and my two brothers about the living away from home experience, and that has helped me.

Remember that you're not alone. All those other freshmen there are just as freaked out as you are (and I am). When someone invites you somewhere, take their offer. Don't hesitate to say "Hey, I'm Steve" in the hallway. (Except that it generally works better to use your own name.) Don't fall into the pit of despair and stress. It will, as I hear it, get easier.

Stay strong, brother.

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 4
leaving tomorrow
biggrin.gif
it'll be fun, formulating my future and what not. it should be easier the second time around, too. don't let yourself be so concerned about it, it isn't worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back