Weirddd buzzing issue?
Feb 1, 2011 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

andrewliu6294

Head-Fier
I ordered a Nuforce NE-6 off amazon a couple days ago, and after receiving this I noticed a baffling issue. I posted a helpdesk submission on Nuforce's site as well, but have not received a response so far.

The issue is, when I plug the headphones in to any of my sources, a build-up of low frequency buzzing begins occurring, getting louder and louder until I touch something metallic, almost as if static is accumulating. This is not the same buzzing/humming that occurs from having a low impedance headphone connected to an amplifier. That is present as well, and is noticeably different.

This has resulted in the right channel of my uDAC cutting out as well, which was fixed by turning off and turning back on the device. I have tried numerous sources, from the uDAC, a dedicated headphone amplifier, as well the built-in headphone-out on my computer. All have the same issue.

One thing I did note was that the intensity of the buzzing seems to change depending on my position. I can't think of any explanation for this other than a possible mild short in the cabling, or that I'm emitting EMI. :p

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back