Weird static on ZVM.
Mar 1, 2006 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ingo

Headphoneus Supremus
I was playing random songs and everything was going good, but then a song came on that had a seemingly embedded static all the way through the song. I proceeded to check every copy of that song from FLAC all the way back to my player. Played the song again and the static was gone. Same thing happened about 30 min later with a different song.
blink.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 7
This is a known issue. Rarely but regularly (happens to me perhaps a few times a month) a track will play with the static noise you describe. Tap the 'back' (left side) of the scrollbar and just restart the track, it will then play OK. The incidence of this seems very random, sometimes two events close together (as you experienced) but more often no events for weeks of use. Anyway, Creative knows about this and has said it will be addressed in the next firmware release.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 7
They've had this problem with its players going back to the Zen NX and they never fixed it. You'd think they would have solved it somewhere along the line after a few generation of players have now came and gone. I remember asking someone at Creative about what the problem was and they said it had something to do with a corrupt buffer that required a purge. It happens on my player once in a while and turning it off and on solves the problem. Still, it makes you wonder why Creative is having such a problem with this issue and why they didn't bother fixing their previous players.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by callanish
They've had this problem with its players going back to the Zen NX and they never fixed it. You'd think they would have solved it somewhere along the line after a few generation of players have now came and gone. I remember asking someone at Creative about what the problem was and they said it had something to do with a corrupt buffer that required a purge. It happens on my player once in a while and turning it off and on solves the problem. Still, it makes you wonder why Creative is having such a problem with this issue and why they didn't bother fixing their previous players.

for me it is a non-issue with my ZVM. Once in about 40 hours of use and fixed by skipping track or having it replay....not exactly the end of the world.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #6 of 7
Same problem with NX and Xtra - Never fixed!

No, I don't think this is related. I never experienced this problem with the Xtra I had, ever.

for me it is a non-issue with my ZVM. Once in about 40 hours of use and fixed by skipping track or having it replay....not exactly the end of the world.

Yes, 'non-issue' pretty much describes it due to the low frequency of occurrence and how easy it is to resolve (tap the back button), but no doubt many will make a big deal of it... just watch this thread...
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 7
I don't really mind as long as it doesn't become more frequent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back