Weird Pet
Nov 5, 2004 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys, I'm just browsing petfinder.com to find a dog. When I browse I found that they also have many other pet too. The thing that I found funny, the pig. PIG AS A PET, Anyone has pig as pet? Want to share with us? Other pet that I found disgusting is mouse and rat. Why do someone have a mouse or rat as a pet
eek.gif
Unless they also have a snake, I don't see a reason they should have mouse and rat
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 27
A good friend of mines has a pig as pet. But it's not one of them huge mud wallowing ones as you might have just mentioned. He has a Chinese Pot Belly Pig which is quite small and smart. The Pot Belly Pig keeps itself pretty clean compared to the domestic type swines and they are quite cute.

Nov 5, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 27
pigs are actaully very smart and clean animal. it require much less time to train them comparing to dogs. its logical anyway since pork can causes many disease, and thats why god forbid you to eat them.

Nov 5, 2004 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 27
my friend has a chamelon, it's pretty wild.

WHen i was a kid, i was really into pets... I had a ferret that lived about 13 or 14 years!
Now my pets are my dogs (black lab, and a pretty young boston terrier)
Though the dogs don't seem weird, i trained my terrier to do the funniest things, like she tortures the other dog, hides her bones, and whenever i come in i showed her to play all rough and she dominated the lab which is like 80 lbs heavier then ehre hahah.

Funny seeing a tiyn dog like saddling the big one on her head and gnawing at her ears... the other dog hates her btw haha ; )

I love those dogs though.

Nov 5, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #7 of 27
Rats are actually pretty smart. They have very good memory and recognizant skills. They definitely remember you if you treat them well or poorly. This is one of the reason why they make very annoying pests. They're too smart for their own good. They are also pretty clean and quiet. Life of a rat can extend to 15+ years.

Nov 5, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #10 of 27
When I was pre-teen we had a pet raccoon. She was a great pet, litter trained, smarter than a dog, affectionate and playful (especially as a youngster). We used to walk around town with her perched on a shoulder, one paw gripping your hair for balance. Caused a bit of a stir, got in the paper, and a dutch zoo ended up adopting her for display.
frown.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 6:51 AM Post #11 of 27
I've got crabs
biggrin.gif
(yes, I've used that before)

Nov 5, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budley007
I always wanted a "descented" skunk for a pet as a kid. Got a dog instead. (Parents can be so narrowminded.)

When I found out that skunks actually make very good pets (sort of like a cross between a cat and a dog) I got really excited. Then I found out they're illegal in Washington. B*stards.

Nov 5, 2004 at 9:11 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
Rats are actually pretty smart. They have very good memory and recognizant skills. They definitely remember you if you treat them well or poorly. This is one of the reason why they make very annoying pests. They're too smart for their own good. They are also pretty clean and quiet. Life of a rat can extend to 15+ years.

Very true. Rats make excellent pets in all but appearance. I've had experience with guinea pigs and hamsters, while both are cute, neither are smart. Rats move like a miniature human on four legs, deftly overcoming obstacles and solving problems quickly. They are acrobatic and have good balance (a friend of mine has a rat that enjoys sitting on her shoulder, and she can move around and bend over like normal with no fear of him falling). Other small rodents aren't nearly as smart or agile.

-dd3mon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back