Weezer
Jun 29, 2001 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7
Anybody have thoughts on the lastest Weezer album?

I have to admit, i like the blue album better, but the green album is pretty good imho. i can listen to the first eight tracks and not realize ive listened to that many. easy listening...

but i still have yet to listen to "pinkerton". (their 2nd album) the sad part is ive had how many years to pick it up and listen?
frown.gif

Jun 29, 2001 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 7
joe,

You must get Pinkerton! It is considered by many (me included) to be Weezer's best album. It has a much different sound than Blue, and you probably won't even like it at first, but after a few listens you will fall in love. There is SO much emotion in that record. Much more than say, the green album.

I really am disappointed by the new album. It seems like after track 4 all the songs sound the same, and overall it's just too boring for a Weezer album. That being said, I still enjoy the album but it's just not up to my expectations.

Jun 30, 2001 at 4:17 AM Post #5 of 7
I heard a couple songs off one of their cd's (not sure which one, might have been Pinkerton) on the 10 year old blown up Sharp minisystem at my place of work (McDonalds) and thought it was really crappy but I couldn't really tell because of the blown speakers. My friend made me a cd with songs off his napster collection and I got Hash Pipe on it, and I actually kinda liked that tune. Haven't heard anything else from them really.

Jun 30, 2001 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 7
Weezer's latest feel like an updated Beach Boys album. Which isn't bad. I agree it's a bit fluffy, light, but still has the Weezer spirit in it. You can tell they might have aged just slighty.

Pinkerton is still my favorite, with the first album close up there

- JeffB

Jul 2, 2001 at 5:51 AM Post #7 of 7
What's weird is that Weezer had a bunch of really good songs that they were playing during concerts before the album was made. Most of the songs used on the green album were written probably two weeks prior to recording. Why not release your best material instead of 28 minutes of mediocrity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back