WEE - new product from Woo Audio
Jul 20, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #181 of 211
  That is why I recommended the Yaqin or the dared because you get great result from your dynamics as well as your electrostatics when connected to a Wee without killing your bank account
confused_face(1).gif
. Plus if you are a listener of jazz and classical than a nice set of 300b will make you feel you are in Heaven with the luscious mids and highs that one really wants from a 300b amp. Plus these two amps put out descent power to drive those difficult phones such as the HE-6

Enjoy music!
beerchug.gif

thank you very much to you two for your attention and advise i noted all that ......best regards my friends
smile.gif

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #182 of 211
Quote:Originally Posted by Audiogalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
​Maybe you should try the Dared 300b mono blocks they are also fantastic substitution when properly setup and modified and I must say they rival my WA5 which is 5x times the price.

what do you suggest by «properly set up and modify» ?

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #183 of 211
   what do you suggest by «properly set up and modify» ?

Okay first off hand the unit is made with some components that need changing to get the best out of it. The final gain stage needs Resistor and Capacitor upgrade that can be had by your Canadian counter electronic parts industry Parts Connection. Chris use to by formally "Sonic Frontier". Then as far as setup you need to change the driver tubes with Mullards and get a set of 300b Treasures.

Then the magic begins.

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #184 of 211
  Okay first off hand the unit is made with some components that need changing to get the best out of it. The final gain stage needs Resistor and Capacitor upgrade that can be had by your Canadian counter electronic parts industry Parts Connection. Chris use to by formally "Sonic Frontier". Then as far as setup you need to change the driver tubes with Mullards and get a set of 300b Treasures.

Then the magic begins.

thank you  for this information .....
beerchug.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #185 of 211
Could someone please tell me whether or not the output impedance of the speaker amp makes a difference in the function of the Woo WEE? I'm thinking of eventually buying a Bottlehead Seductor and WEE to drive a pair of STAX SR-507, but I want to wire the Seductor for 4-ohm speakers.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #186 of 211
  Could someone please tell me whether or not the output impedance of the speaker amp makes a difference in the function of the Woo WEE? I'm thinking of eventually buying a Bottlehead Seductor and WEE to drive a pair of STAX SR-507, but I want to wire the Seductor for 4-ohm speakers.

You should be fine. WEE is just an exciter.

Enjoy music!

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #187 of 211

Todd, if you build monoblocs you now have 4 binding posts per channel; one for ground, and three others you can solder to the various output taps ex. 4 Ohm, 8 Ohm, 16 Ohm.  Having twice the power is nice too :)

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #188 of 211
  You should be fine. WEE is just an exciter.

Enjoy music!

Thanks!

Todd, if you build monoblocs you now have 4 binding posts per channel; one for ground, and three others you can solder to the various output taps ex. 4 Ohm, 8 Ohm, 16 Ohm.  Having twice the power is nice too :)

If I end up doing it I'm just planning on a single Seductor, if I had more money I would personally prefer to buy a Stereomour II. Thanks for offering an alternative solution, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #189 of 211
Todd, you could buy some extra binding posts for the stereo version and wire them up to the different transformer taps.

The Seductor is spec'd at 4W for the stereo version, while the Stereomour II is listed as 3.5, what 4-ohm speakers are you planning to drive with the Seductor?

Feel free to PM me as speaker talk is slightly off topic for this thread.

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #190 of 211
can someone explain me precisely in what way does Woo Wee degrade sound quality?  I have best amp I ever heard,the Benchmark AHB2,if I pair it with Wee,in what way will it suffer? will there be phase shift like with step down transformers in tube amps or what?

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #191 of 211
  can someone explain me precisely in what way does Woo Wee degrade sound quality?  I have best amp I ever heard,the Benchmark AHB2,if I pair it with Wee,in what way will it suffer? will there be phase shift like with step down transformers in tube amps or what?

WEE is only as good as the amp + cables feeding it. 

For high-end STAX headphones owners, we recommend GES or WES as these are dedicated electrostatic headphone amplifiers. 

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #192 of 211

As I understand it the transformer is an inductive load while the earspeakers are a variable capacitive load.

I haven't used the Benchmark but if the specs are accurate then it should have plenty of power even into difficult loads.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #195 of 211
  Do people use this thing with Headphone Amplifiers?

No, most dynamic headphone amps will not have have enough power.  Woo Audio suggests using the Wee with amps that are rated at least 3W of power (they don't say into what load, but I would guess 8-ohm).  You may want an even more powerful amp depending on what earspeakers you are driving and how loud you want them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back