Website openly promoting/encouraging/profiting infidelity
Jan 21, 2009 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

chesebert

18 Years An Extra-Hardcore Head-Fi'er
" What is Ashley Madison, and what’s it all about all about?

AshleyMadison is a dating service for married/attached people. It works much like a traditional singles-dating service in that you sign up, create a profile and then search for someone who possibly possesses the criteria that you desire.

The only difference is that the majority of people on AshleyMadison are not necessarily seeking a new relationship. Rather, they are seeking the physical intimacy that is lacking from their current relationship. In summary: They are looking for a little something on the side. "

Any thoughts on this?

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do I sign up?

Kidding. Yea. Erm. *Runs away.*

Might have to be married first before you can join
tongue_smile.gif

This website reminds me of the movie Deception with Huge Jackman and Ewan McGregor.

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 17
That's horrible.
frown.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #6 of 17
Things like this are but one of the penalties for having a free society and the more people complain about stuff like this then the less freedom we have. Its sad how everyone seems to want to be politically correct all the time but all it does is erode what made this nation great. If you wanna bring your puppy to the cafe, then so be it, if you dont then enjoy the fact that other people can.

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #7 of 17
Well, shouldn't it be our freedom to voice the fact that we think this is a bad idea?

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, shouldn't it be our freedom to voice the fact that we think this is a bad idea?

Both points are true. Freedom is freedom after all.

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never said you couldnt, just so you are aware that we loose freedom everyday to this kind of thinking when it is applied to most things.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/record-403813/

Heh...

... clears throat, Carry On!

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #11 of 17
Jan 21, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #12 of 17
What is the point of this thread? We might as well start topics on how there are websites promoting suicide methods, Scientology, and terrorism, and be all therapeutic about them.

"So, how does this make you feel?"
rolleyes.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You turned your nose up and cleared your throat at a spelling mistake? If that is the best you can do then I guess we are all in agreement that my point was well taken and correct.
smile.gif

No, I only posted it because it was ironic how someone had posted about that very mistake just a few hours ago. No offense or judgment intended, was just funny to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back