Wearing headphones /earbuds in public yes or no?
Feb 26, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 40
Depends on what that person is doing, how loudly he/she is listening at and how in(tolerant) of noise the surrounding is. Obviously nobody should be doing this while driving or doing something else that requires serious attention. Llistening too loudly in the library is also socially disruptive. Obviously too, one shouldn't be wearing headphones/earbuds while attending an important meeting.
biggrin.gif

Other than that, public sighting of headphones is pretty much a normal thing for me.

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 40
I almost never leave the house without my portaPros. A freind of mine loves his HD202s so much that he wears them around his neck, often forgets he has them on, and many times hangs out with me, walkin' around Boston or something, with his headphones but without his Zen Micro, because he forgot it. It's pretty funny.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #7 of 40
Yay i'm the only one to say no
biggrin.gif

I see people with their headphones on crossing the road, on their bikes etc. And that is definatly dangerous and maybe even illegal (when on the bike / driving).

And it can be pretty anoying sometimes if you have to sit next to someone like on the bus and they are playing their (bad) music very loudly.

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #8 of 40
I voted yes, and in a city, it probably isn't a problem. However, in situations where you're likely to see people you know, I think it's a little tacky to go about with headphones in. I always get slightly annoyed when I see people on my small college's (850 students) campus with headphones.

If they don't want to talk to people, they can just ignore them - like I do.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 40
Whats wrong with wearing headphones in public?

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #12 of 40
max-9, is this supposed to be a poke at the smoking poll?

Feb 26, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #13 of 40
I dont see anything wrong with it. Alot of people think its cool to see large cans. Earbuds usualy go unnoticed unless its one of those ipod white ones.

BUT open cans do have a tendency to irritate those nearby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back