Wear and tear on HD 600s
Mar 24, 2002 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

christsay

New Head-Fier
Hey, so are anyone elses HD 600s 'chipping' on the headband? The paint/finish on mine has started to chip and I wondering if I'm the only one.

When I first got mine I put them down on the desk when not in use, but then I noticed the chipping and now I put them on a soft surface instead.

anyways, I'm neurotic and curious.

chris

ps. sorry if this has been discussed in-depth, but my searches have come up empty.

Mar 24, 2002 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 8
I have all kinds of scratches on the frame/headband (including the metal strap), the Sennheiser elbem is chipped apart, and the pads are completely worn out. My other recent pair is already showing signs of wear and tear.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:44 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
My other recent pair is already showing signs of wear and tear.
smily_headphones1.gif

What? Two pairs of the same cans? Shame on you A & M! You really make us poor people look bad!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 8
Nope, I don't have any problem with mine, and I'm pretty abusive. (Well, not abusive per se, just...I don't treat them like the US$300 I paid for them...)

Apr 9, 2002 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 8
Hm......no problems /w mine.
Yet, I usually set it on hard surfaces. Don't take it out much too. versus my old HP 910s.

Apr 9, 2002 at 9:38 AM Post #8 of 8
No chipping on mine after almost a year of use. Actually they look almost like new, but I haven't been hard on them. Always used them indoors, no transportation in stuffed bags etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back