We need a sticky (badly!)
Oct 21, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 16
We need a sticky which explains that people will be flogged for having sigs so large that they fill 1/3 of a 24 inch monitor...

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We need a sticky which explains that people will be flogged for having sigs so large that they fill 1/3 of a 24 inch monitor...

I am in complete agreement

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Team Way-Too-Big-And-Annoying-Sig! lives up to the name!

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Team Way-Too-Big-And-Annoying-Sig! lives up to the name!

Putting that line in your sig is the same as saying "no offence but.." at the start of a sentence which is inherently racist, ageist, or offensive generally or personally in some other way. The same way that writing "lol" at the end of some piece of vomited up internet opinion doesn't make it either valid, nor excuse you for being a tool for saying the daft stuff in the first place.

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

I concur, the sticky should also state that if someone does have a sig that size should at least make their post long enough to make it worth reading
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Putting that line in your sig is the same as saying "no offence but.." at the start of a sentence which is inherently racist, ageist, or offensive generally or personally in some other way. The same way that writing "lol" at the end of some piece of vomited up internet opinion doesn't make it either valid, nor excuse you for being a tool for saying the daft stuff in the first place.

"Indeed"

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #12 of 16
Yes i think a sticky for ~$100 headphones is def needed. Especially for a lot of visitors or newbies that visit the forum as a majority of them will most likely not want to spend more than $100 to experience higher grade sound.

As for the massive sigs, yes i agree. I find some peoples sigs tend to become quite ridiculous. But i vote for short and sweet sigs because sometimes it is convenient to have a fast and convenient summary of what the poster has had experience with. NOT something like

Home: HD555 --> Amp ---> source

Portable 1: *******

Portable 2: *******

Portable 3: *******

Computer: *******

Cans i hate:******

Cans i want:******

My hobbies:*******

Call for me for a good time on:*******

hahaha a bit of exagerration but you get the point...WAY too unecessary IMO.

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:19 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this one suffices..
We don't need another one specific to $100 earphones.

It's not as if anybody reads the stickies anyways...

The thread hasn't even been updated in 6 months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back