We need a shirt (or hat) that alerts people that we have IEMs in...
Nov 28, 2008 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm really tired and zoned out right now, but the idea in my head still stands strong.
tongue.gif

I'm sure all of us have been bothered continuously of having to take your IEM out of your ear to listen to somebody, or to simply be polite. And the fact that many IEMs are trying to be low-profile now (SE530, Westone 3, etc.) doesn't help the matter in having to keep asking people to repeat what they just said.
redface.gif

So simply put, I'm being half serious in asking if we as the Head-Fi community could band together and come up with a short slogan with an optional picture to put on a shirt (or hat) so we can wear it while listening through our IEMs?

Maybe just a sticker that we slap on our backs would be enough!

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by smashing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How bout a neon-yellow silicon headband instead?

But that just may mean you're from the 70s....

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 24
Wear a pair of R10's over your IEM's... Problem solved
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #6 of 24
I found it too much of a hassle and just started wearing earbuds. My senns have a volume control on the cord, so I just turn it down when people approach me. I'd only use IEMs again in an environment where I know no one will bother me. (I.e. Train, library)

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #7 of 24
Just wear a shirt that says in big bright bold letters: I AM DEAF!!

OK NOT REALLY, BUT I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Nov 28, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found it too much of a hassle and just started wearing earbuds. My senns have a volume control on the cord, so I just turn it down when people approach me. I'd only use IEMs again in an environment where I know no one will bother me. (I.e. Train, library)

people approached you?!?

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #9 of 24
How about: I'm not deaf, I'm just ignoring you. (which is a song title of a dutch punk band actually)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
people approached you?!?

They're paid to do so. Don't worry.

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
people approached you?!?

How else are they gonna try to mug me?

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #11 of 24
Just ignore them!
Thats what I do. Just roll my eyes and walk on...

Nov 29, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #12 of 24
Dark Secret #153: Sometimes, when people talk/shout at me from behind me when I have headphones on, and I can hear them a little...I ignore them. And if they really need to talk to me, they come over and tap me on the shoulder.

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #15 of 24
In theory this is a great idea. I feel bad when I accidently ignore people but letting everyone around you know that you can't hear them in a public place also makes you a huge target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back