Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 17, 2019 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xenoVa

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone

Head-Fi is the biggest audio community of the internet, but the forums lack sufficent categories. There are basically 4 types of audio equipments, and the users of each type of equipment have different interests, needs and preferences. Establishing 4 different sub-forums can make the discussions much more organized.

Open Back Headphones: Open back cans are for in-home listening. Open back users prefer destkop DAC+ Amplifier setups. These gears often have the best sound quality but are only suitable for home usage.

Closed Back Headphones: Closed backs are suitable for office and portable usage. Closed back users often prefer transportable source gears like DAPs or portable DAC/AMPs.

Wireless Headphones: These are Bluetooth headphones. They work with smartphones so users don't need extra source gear. Very popular Noice Cancelling headphones also can be discussed in this area.

In-Ear-Monitors: IEMs or earphones are a completely different world. Users may prefer portable source gears.

Currently we only have two sub-forums: "Headphones: Full Size" and "Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors" hence sub-forums are not enough to divide different types of audio gears into different categories.

At the current stracture of the Forum, " Focal Utopia & Sennheiser HDV 820 pairing " and " Cowin E7 Active Noice Cancelling Headphones down to $59 on Amazon" threads are being opened in the same sub-forum, although the two threads have completely different target audiences. With my stracture, Utopia thread can be opened at Open Backs Headphones and Cowin E7 thread can be opened at Wireless Headphones so forums can become much more organized and people can find stuff much easier.

I'll appreciate your feedback about the suggestion, thanks.

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 5
Hello everyone

Head-Fi is the biggest audio community of the internet, but the forums lack sufficent categories. There are basically 4 types of audio equipments, and the users of each type of equipment have different interests, needs and preferences. Establishing 4 different sub-forums can make the discussions much more organized.

Open Back Headphones: Open back cans are for in-home listening. Open back users prefer destkop DAC+ Amplifier setups. These gears often have the best sound quality but are only suitable for home usage.2 player games

Closed Back Headphones: Closed backs are suitable for office and portable usage. Closed back users often prefer transportable source gears like DAPs or portable DAC/AMPs.

Wireless Headphones: These are Bluetooth headphones. They work with smartphones so users don't need extra source gear. Very popular Noice Cancelling headphones also can be discussed in this area.

In-Ear-Monitors: IEMs or earphones are a completely different world. Users may prefer portable source gears.

Currently we only have two sub-forums: "Headphones: Full Size" and "Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors" hence sub-forums are not enough to divide different types of audio gears into different categories.

At the current stracture of the Forum, " Focal Utopia & Sennheiser HDV 820 pairing " and " Cowin E7 Active Noice Cancelling Headphones down to $59 on Amazon" threads are being opened in the same sub-forum, although the two threads have completely different target audiences. With my stracture, Utopia thread can be opened at Open Backs Headphones and Cowin E7 thread can be opened at Wireless Headphones so forums can become much more organized and people can find stuff much easier.

I'll appreciate your feedback about the suggestion, thanks.
I understand your point, it's really logical and organized, but don't you ever think that it can be a little complicated to do?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #4 of 5
I understand your point, it's really logical and organized, but don't you ever think that it can be a little complicated to do?

Why

Complicated? How?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back