We have a breakthrough at Best Buy!
Jan 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #91 of 151
Quote:
Go to bestbuy... have a good long talk about HD800's with the sales man... ask him "Didjya ever think about buying them, on your employee discount, to own them for just a few hours... and then turn around and sell them in the parking lot for a $100 profit? Hell, if you're more comfortable doing the exchange in a bank lobby, I could be there with cash... up to you man... "

Who wants to be the first to try???

There's nothing to lose, really. I mean...the worst he can say is no.

I was thinking something along the same lines. How much would employee discount be you think?

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #92 of 151
Jan 27, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #93 of 151
Oh man, I never thought I'd ever see HD800s at best buy! I hope this will give a little more insight to Bose/Beats consumers! And I really hope they're doing this nationally!! Man, If it wasn't snowing here I'd go myself!

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #96 of 151

Quote:
i was surprised when i saw these for demo at my local BB. the 800's had already disappeared though. :frowning2:

disappeared as in stolen or sold?

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #99 of 151
Someone should go to they're BB and switch out the CD/ track with one advertising head-fi. If they are listening to $1200 headphones, they should come visit to research for an amp. :wink:

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #100 of 151

Quote:
Someone should go to they're BB and switch out the CD/ track with one advertising head-fi. If they are listening to $1200 headphones, they should come visit to research for an amp.
wink.gif

how we can accomplish that...and who can make a professional enough tape..is ...beyond me

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #101 of 151

Quote:
Yes, this is only happening to certain stores. If they remodel your Best Buy and you live in an affluent part of town, you'll probably get it. Magnolia said they wanted to cater to head-fi people. The only big issue is the 800s were just hooked up to a receiver playing Blue Man Group, and the store is loud; it's quite hard to hear the sound signature. But nonetheless, it's freaking amazing.
And, yes, we get everything Cost +5% Max discount 50% on discount. I work at a older Magnolia, but we can still buy things. The 800 were about $700 on discount, which is sickening, they're almost marked up 120%. Best Buy is redoing their image, go check one out. This was legit!

The markup is even worse when you realize that the discount is probably limited by that 50% max you mention.  Clean em out and sell them open boxed used for ~$1000 (or whatever the going rate is) if you want to make some money.  

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #102 of 151
Quote:
Clean em out and sell them open boxed used for ~$1000 (or whatever the going rate is) if you want to make some money.  

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that they have a policy against that sort of thing...

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #103 of 151

Quote:
Clean em out and sell them open boxed used for ~$1000 (or whatever the going rate is) if you want to make some money.  

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that they have a policy against that sort of thing...

More than likely. How much do you think Best Buy pays for each 800? >700 I'm guessing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back