We are upgrading HE series headphones' replaceable earpads.
Oct 6, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #167 of 188

Quote:
Edit: wrong thread.

Although you removed your post, I have a new set of beyer velours that I forgot about so I gave them a try.  It is much more comfortable then the HE6 velours.  It is softer but stayed puffy when worn so it was considerably thicker then the HE6's.  Did not work for the sound though.  Made the upper frequencies thin and sterile sounding.  Did not become sibilant but piercing and annoying.  Back to the leathers.

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #168 of 188
Lucky for me I don't have a golden ear. I didn't notice a difference between any of the earpads except for comfort.

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #170 of 188
I did notice a slight change with the new pads on my HE-500.  The bass extension seems a bit lower and the treble has a little more sparkle.  Very slight though.  They are more comfortable than the velour to me, especially after the foam insert mod on the back of the pads.  I also noticed that imaging has improved after the mod, possibly due to the slight driver angle or change in distance from my ear canal.

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #172 of 188
Not that I have heard. I have actually ended up using Beyerdynamic leather pads fitted on the plastic ring from the new HiFiMan pads and am really liking that. The Beyer pads are thicker but also have a slightly smaller inner díameter which however to me is no problem and I can not hear any sound difference between any of the 3 pads.

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #173 of 188

Quote:
Not that I have heard. I have actually ended up using Beyerdynamic leather pads fitted on the plastic ring from the new HiFiMan pads and am really liking that. The Beyer pads are thicker but also have a slightly smaller inner díameter which however to me is no problem and I can not hear any sound difference between any of the 3 pads.

I've seen you post nc but its too expensive for me to buy 2 sets of pads.

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #174 of 188
Yes unfortunately it all adds up. Have just decided to buy the HM-801 with the new balanced amp module after living intensively with it the last 2 weeks and loving ite with HE-500

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #175 of 188
Apparently the new leather pads now comes a black form. I guess Fang does listen to his customers. Now the drivers is a little further away from the ears, and my outer ears is no longer touching the driver. Perfect!

Nov 12, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #176 of 188

Quote:
Apparently the new leather pads now comes a black form. I guess Fang does listen to his customers. Now the drivers is a little further away from the ears, and my outer ears is no longer touching the driver. Perfect!

Thats great, thanks for information! The posts in which was reported that with leather pads the ears are touching the driver is what deterred me from buying them.... So I just ordered 2 pairs of leather pads for my HE-500 and HE-6, so thanks again for your info 
smile.gif

Nov 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #177 of 188
I just got the leather earpads for my HE-5LE's and they are splendid!!! Comfortable and make the sound all around to me sound fuller with a bit more isolation....They are a must for me now...thanks guys..best $20 I've spent in a long, long time!!!

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #178 of 188
Having both the HE-6 and HE-500, I see that the pleather pads are sold separately on Head Direct. Is there any chance the new velour pads will be added as a separate buy as well?

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #179 of 188
Will the velours ever be available as separates? My HE-4 is making insanely loud crackling noises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back