We are back | S6c? M1p? XC1? X8 XVIII? aune@HighEnd2022!
Dec 18, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #18 of 42
Dec 20, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #20 of 42
I noticed that M1P is now available for purchase on AliExpress. Might be a tough sell considering the price point. I wonder how it compares to other recent non-streaming DAPs such as Dethonray and HiBy RS2. M1P has very weak battery life rating for offline DAP, questionable screen specs, and no apparent line out. Couldn't figure out exact DAC chip but diagrams mention Sabre so I assume it's same 9038 that's used in Flamingo. Would be disappointing if it's the older 9018 instead, like the one used in newly released Acmee MF02S PE. Anyway, none of the above really matters as long as it sounds great in the first place. Looking forward to some impressions and hopefully hearing it for myself one day.

Dec 21, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #21 of 42
I assume it's same 9038
That's what one of the Aliexpress pages said, I think.
I'm just wary of purchasing it from there. I'd rather buy it from Penon or Linsoul.

Dec 21, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #22 of 42
That's what one of the Aliexpress pages said, I think.
I'm just wary of purchasing it from there. I'd rather buy it from Penon or Linsoul.
Haven't had any issues with AliExpress. Linsoul and Hifigo are OK, I stay away from Penon. M1P will likely be available from Aune official store on Amazon soon. That would be the safest best, especially considering their items are fulfilled by Amazon as well.
https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A2AP0JEHTRG6EO&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Dec 21, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #23 of 42
Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #24 of 42
I noticed Aune released a cheaper version of Flamingo called Flamingo BD. No headphone output, no OPA mode, no optional remote, different DAC chip. It's basically a DAC + tube pre amp with additional DDC capabilities.

https://www.amazon.com/Flamingo-BD-Bluetooth-Variable-Receivers-Amplifiers/dp/B0BLSN479Q

Another interesting under-the-radar product. Seems like Aune could be doing a better job with marketing their products, especially on this forum.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #25 of 42
The Flamingo is very cool but I have no use for it sadly enough.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #26 of 42
Ya, I wish Flamingo was transportable and would support 5V power input which would allow it be used with a power bank. It's much less usable due to its 12V power supply.

Jan 16, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #28 of 42
Anyone paired the X8 VIII with the Aune XP2, any sonic improvement noticed?
Yes I am using the XP2.
Better clarity, blacker background, more robust low end and greater dynamics.
Not night and day differences, more like the icing on the cake.

Jan 16, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #29 of 42
Yes I am using the XP2.
Better clarity, blacker background, more robust low end and greater dynamics.
Not night and day differences, more like the icing on the cake.
Thanks! I was not sure to which one to get the ifi iPower X or the XP2, if there is a improvment + 2 outputs the XP2 is no brainer then :relaxed:

Jan 16, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #30 of 42
Thanks! I was not sure to which one to get the ifi iPower X or the XP2, if there is a improvment + 2 outputs the XP2 is no brainer then :relaxed:
The Aune is also cheaper.
But the iFi is rated at 2.5A instead of 1A in case that you are going to need it for another application in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back