WBT Silver VS Cardas Quad Eutectic Solder
Sep 12, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Given those two choices, and only those two choices I prefer WBT. Much easier to work with. Also, smells better.

hehe yeah it DOES smell better
wink.gif
I noticed that too

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #19 of 38
FYI, I have about a quarter pound remainder of a 1 pound spool of Cardas Quad Eutectic solder. It's 0.032 dia. and the flux is water soluble (the water soluble flux is slightly conductive so you MUST wash it off).

It's not quite my cup of tea. I have this spool left over from some contract work I did for another company that was using it. It's since been sitting here collecting dust so thought it deserved to finally find a good home.
atsmile.gif

If anyone here would like it it's yours for $5 (to cover shipping via USPS Priority Mail). US only. First come, first served. Please reply here and if you're the first to respond, PM me a mailing address.

k

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI, I have about a quarter pound remainder of a 1 pound spool of Cardas Quad Eutectic solder. It's 0.032 dia. and the flux is water soluble (the water soluble flux is slightly conductive so you MUST wash it off).

It's not quite my cup of tea. I have this spool left over from some contract work I did for another company that was using it. It's since been sitting here collecting dust so thought it deserved to finally find a good home.
atsmile.gif

If anyone here would like it it's yours for $5 (to cover shipping via USPS Priority Mail). US only. First come, first served. Please reply here and if you're the first to respond, PM me a mailing address.

k

I'll take it!

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer too slow....

Can I speak for any of it?

It's rshuck's now.

But if it's ok with him, I could pull you off a few feet of it.

k

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Where do you get your information? My understanding is the rosin flux does not need to be cleaned. In fact Cardas themselves say this on their website.

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #25 of 38
Nothing wrong with the Cardas, I've used it for quite some time and it's worth the money, but... lately I found a .5 mm (diameter of the wire) alloy made of 60% solder, 38% lead and 2% copper, that costs much less and makes SMD soldering of opamps come out better...

Sep 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

What is your source for this? The Cardas website says:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardas
Activated rosin flux is ideal for most applications where components are not washed after soldering. The rosin actually works as a protective coating.

Sep 12, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you get your information? My understanding is the rosin flux does not need to be cleaned. In fact Cardas themselves say this on their website.

It's not rosin flux. It's water soluble flux. It was purchased directly from Cardas, and has "H2O" had written on the label.

k

Sep 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

It's not rosin flux. It's water soluble flux. It was purchased directly from Cardas, and has "H2O" had written on the label.

k

Huh... mine does not say that on the label. Maybe they've changed their formula or you got a special batch or something.

Sep 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

It's rshuck's now.

But if it's ok with him, I could pull you off a few feet of it.

k

All ok with me -

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back