Waves NX don´t install correctly?
Sep 23, 2018 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

oqvist

Headphoneus Supremus
I wanted to try this out and it appears to install alright but nx don´t show in my sound devices and there is no link to the control panel? It´s like it don´t exist. I do see it in the installation folder though. Tried to install it using the latest wave central app as recommended.

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 12
Sep 24, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 12
You tried this one? https://www.waves.com/nx/mac-windows-app

All I can suggest is try uninstalling, right click on the installer and hit run as administrator, otherwise try https://www.waves.com/nx/contact

Id recommend trying https://fongaudio.com/out-of-your-head-software/ if you havent already

edit: Frustration got to me but I do believe I did get the out of your head software running. Kind of greedy you have to buy every single preset. Will see if I like their presets as much as the mobius. Just wish I could get wave nx running no word from their support yet. Wonder if the Audeze Mobius software maybe confuses it?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #4 of 12
edit: Frustration got to me but I do believe I did get the out of your head software running. Kind of greedy you have to buy every single preset. Will see if I like their presets as much as the mobius. Just wish I could get wave nx running no word from their support yet. Wonder if the Audeze Mobius software maybe confuses it?

The program goes on sale twice a year for $75 and the presets are $12.50. Sure it's got a higher price tag, it's also one of a kind. Darin had to go to these places with a realiser and take the measurements. I personally use the genelec, magico q3, and cellos.

I have the audeze app installed and waves nx, no issues.

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 12
The program goes on sale twice a year for $75 and the presets are $12.50. Sure it's got a higher price tag, it's also one of a kind. Darin had to go to these places with a realiser and take the measurements. I personally use the genelec, magico q3, and cellos.

I have the audeze app installed and waves nx, no issues.
Yeah that is pretty cool. What headphones do you find these work with?

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #6 of 12
I primarily use audeze el8s, or mrspeakers alpha prime when i want the isolation, and hifiman he400is on my 2nd rig. So. . Planars! Lol

I also use equalizer apo to eq 2khz+ down to near flat.

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #7 of 12
I will give it a go with my Audeze LCD-2 then. I won´t equalize I like to keep things simple so will see how it goes. My LCD-2 is pre fazor and it does have problems with the soundstage thus I haven´t even tried it yet.

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #8 of 12
I tend to not eq for standard music listening, but with these virtual hrtf convolution programs its necessary, something about emulating loudspeakers or the reverb it over accentiates the increased treble of headphone curves. For your lcd2 a simple peaking filter 3khz, 5db, q2 should make a huge difference.

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #9 of 12
I now tried installing waves nx via wavesplanet on a second computer and it does the same thing. Everything appear to install fine but there is no controlpanel or ability to choose nx or something anywhere? There is some nx files in a folder so it does install. But there is no exe file or anything to execute there. Am I missing something and you need a separate programme to use nx?

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #10 of 12
Sep 24, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #11 of 12
Ah that must be it. I made the wrong assumption I knew what I was doing :p

Sep 24, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #12 of 12
Yes that was it got nx working thanks. Not convinced by that either less distortion but then not the wanted effect either.. Need to learn the mastery of eq I guess. Someone at Audeze knows what he is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back