Wavaya ciem's
Mar 8, 2019 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Happydreams

New Head-Fier
Has anyone heard of Wavaya ciems or actually have a pair?

They are made from porcelain and have a few different models with different ba counts and some with electrostatic tweeters.

Seems interesting but I can't find any reviews about them.

I'm in the market for a ciem but am hesitant to pull the trigger.

Mar 8, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 38
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #6 of 38
Should be getting hold of a Quadra from these guys shortly (four BA model). Will chip in when I do!

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #7 of 38
My Penta just arrived. Porcelain feeling is great.

9C796E79-5BA2-4AEB-A110-0D2E585EAB7F.jpeg
7A3A3B14-D3BA-42A8-A739-B331B02923FE.jpeg

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #8 of 38
A local distributor is getting their whole lineup soon!

Well... kinda soon. Apparently it takes longer (~3 months vs. ~1 month) for universal demos, since they make CIEMs exclusively. I'm really interested in trying them out.

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #10 of 38
I'm not a huge fan of the logo though... if I get one I might just stick a giant Swarovski crystal on mine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #11 of 38
Yea, i think you can choose without logo. Just simple look.
For the porcelain feel, i prefer over standard acrycilic:
Never had skin rash or any type of allergies with my custom inearz euphoria or lark studio lsx, but it happened with my nfaudio6i( maybe they don’t use a medical grade resin).
I love porcelain cause it adapts to body temperature and gives a more natural feel, plus i feel less ear wax and sweat production.

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #12 of 38
My Penta just arrived. Porcelain feeling is great.

What do the highs sound like? Interested to know how they have implemented their e-stat technology.

I should have a set of Quadra arriving in the next few days, so will post initial impressions one I've had a chance to have a proper listen.

Apr 18, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #14 of 38
I'm kinda partial to the absurdity that is sticking Swarovski crystals on my IEMs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 18, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #15 of 38
I'm kinda partial to the absurdity that is sticking Swarovski crystals on my IEMs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had a long chat with their main guy Pasquale recently, and he mentioned that the Swarovski link is actually generating a lot of sales traffic for them at the moment, from the non audiophile crowd. They are almost entirely selling to musicians and audio industry guys right now, but if they manage to crack into the luxury brand market, guess that will be a nice earner for them.

Some interesting history behind the brand - they've not been around long, but they have been working on these models for a couple of years behind the scenes. Think they were one of the first manufacturers to get their hands on the e-stat drivers from Sonion, but it's taken then a while to get a sound they are happy with for the Penta and Octa models. He mentioned the output from the e-stat is very low compared to"normal" BA drivers, so getting the volume matching right is a lot trickier than with an all-BA setup.

They also have some interesting ideas around crossover setup (church the descriptions on their web page to get an idea), and I believe they are also using some form of tubeless output, which took some time to get right.

Just got delivery notification for my set, anyway - my Quadra should be arriving next Tuesday. Looking forward to hearing what they sound like!

Any other impressions out in the wild yet?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back