Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 9, 2004 at 2:58 AM Post #76 of 14,263
My only watch, for now.
3706_005_l.jpg

my next one:
3253_001_l.jpg

May 9, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #78 of 14,263
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
IMO, the best watch that's been shown here so far.

I'm biased of course, but I also think so
biggrin.gif
(J/K) Pink and Jude thanks for the very nice comments though
cool.gif

May 9, 2004 at 5:33 AM Post #81 of 14,263
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fickle-Friend
I have that Mark XV and trust me it's fantastic! I've loved that since I 1st saw it in Vanilla Sky. It was then that my naked wrist yearned for an IWC to be wrapped around it. I'm sick i know i know!

Believe me, I have my eyes on the Mk XV way before Tom Cruise, just that he bought it before I do.

May 9, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #82 of 14,263
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkfusion
That is the nicest looking watch I have ever seen...

How much is that? I must have one
eek.gif

(Team G-Shock
cool.gif
)

It's not easy to find nowdays...don't think Casio makes Mr-Gs anymore, and that one's been long discontinued. But you can find them around Ebay sometimes for around $150, which is how I got mine.

Actually, this one seems like a lefty version or something...there's one that looks exactly like that, except the dial's on the right, and it has a date window. THAT'S the one I want.

May 9, 2004 at 8:07 AM Post #83 of 14,263
I was given this:

16710blkblk.jpg

I like it very much. It keeps excellent time, it's very rugged and comfortable. The mechanics are very smooth. The gearing reminds me of a Leica...

This was my graduation watch:
46003102.jpg

It is beautiful, but a bit more formal. I can wear the GMT master anywhere, but to wear the omega you usually need something a bit more formal...
If I could have any watch though, I would pick this:

5054_J.jpg

Unfortunately it is about 20,000 dollars. I do like it better than their more expensive watches. I think it is the epitome of the classic watch.

May 9, 2004 at 9:05 AM Post #84 of 14,263
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
rsaavedr, I really like that Victorinox you've got there -- I love the simple, beefy bezel.

My two every-day watches are a Suunto X-Lander and a Rolex Submariner. I bought the Submariner when I was younger (22), and I still wear it from time to time. For practical purposes I much prefer my Suunto X-Lander. It's less flashy (although it's so big, it makes my Submariner look like a ladies watch), it's far lighter (with an aluminum case and carbon fiber back), and it's very informative (stopwatch, timer, alarm, barometer, altimeter, compass, thermometer). The X-Lander fits my personality perfectly: geeky yet rugged.
biggrin.gif

For a photo of the X-Lander, cilck here (it's the one on the bottom).

One of my local close friends (also a Head-Fi'er) has a very impressive watch collection. If he catches this thread, maybe he'll post about some of the favorites in his collection. He seems to always be picking up fine, new watches. He just visited me recently at my office and had on a new IWC diver's watch that was rated for a depth (2000 meters) that comparatively makes my Submariner seem merely bathtub-worthy. It's called the Aquatimer. I think it's a beautiful watch, for its simplicity, and also because it isn't flashy.

Jude, some beautiful watches there. My Seadweller goes down to 1220 ms and has the helium gas release. It's soooo handy in the shower
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2004 at 9:09 AM Post #85 of 14,263
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore
this one is so new i can't even find a price on it yet. But i want one

http://www.zenith-watches.com/img/4_.../big_8_1_1.jpg

Beuatiful, Kevin, though have you thought about getting help for your "large picture" fetish?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2004 at 9:17 AM Post #86 of 14,263
Quote:

Originally Posted by genetic
Some of you are scarying me....
biggrin.gif

I'll give a free advice. If you're like me and don't realy plan to use often those truly expansive watches. I found a Ted Lapidus that could be wear by men or women... and give it as gift to my girlfriend.... you see my point....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Amicalement

OK, I'll try to understand: you buy cheap watches, wear them until they're all scratched up, then wrap them up and give them away as presents to your girlfriend....
biggrin.gif
At least you know you're probably not attracting "gold-diggers"...
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2004 at 9:41 AM Post #87 of 14,263
Quote:

Originally Posted by bong
i wear a Skagen titanium.

550832_b.jpg

it's super thin, light, durable, inexpensive, and looks great. oh yeah... it also tells time!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice one.

Personally, I've got a classic looking Seiko Quartz, two Boccia titaniums, a Sinn (http://www.sinn-uhren.de/sinn-uhren-...-157-st-ty.htm), and most recently a Seiko Kinetic (nice concept of combining automatic convenience with quartz precision...).

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: I've got comparatively small wrists, so most huge chronographs for men are out for me...

May 9, 2004 at 11:25 AM Post #88 of 14,263
As usual, the boys get all the cool watches and they reserve the crap designs for the women's watches, but I got the last (and maybe the only, who knows?) Seiko Final Fantasy watch in Finland a couple of years back:

010627FinalFantasy_Watch.jpg

May 9, 2004 at 12:23 PM Post #89 of 14,263
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
OK, I'll try to understand: you buy cheap watches, wear them until they're all scratched up, then wrap them up and give them away as presents to your girlfriend....
biggrin.gif
At least you know you're probably not attracting "gold-diggers"...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
. Close but no cigar.... Ted Lapidus is not quite in the cheap watches categoty.
biggrin.gif
In fact I wear the Victorinox for the day to day and I can «borrow» the Lapidus on special occasions.

Amicalement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back