Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 14, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #5,417 of 14,268

That is really interesting that it says "waterproof" on the back of the watch. For the last 15 years or so, watch companies have only been allowed to say "water resistant" because they say no watch is truly waterproof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May be kind of big for my wrist too, but who's looking at the wrist?  
wink_face.gif

Funny joke by Monique. She said that she read in Cosmopolitan that the first thing that a woman looks at on a man, is his eyes. She said "Hell no, I already got a pair of eyes" 
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #5,419 of 14,268

Quote:
Quote:
You think its big for your wrist, try living with a 6" wrist (and that's being optimistic) 
wink_face.gif

That Zenith is truly gorgeous.

My MO doesn't look too big on my 6 inch wrist. Not even with my Toshi strap. Give it a go :)

I probably will, if I can find a good deal on a used one. Unfortunately they don't pop up too often.

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #5,421 of 14,268

Quote:
i was told i didnt wind it enough. i didnt want to over wind it so they said give it a good 40-50 revs and give it a good shake. so i did that this morning and we shall see how long it lasts.

You can't over wind an automatic.  When the spring reaches its full capacity, further winding just turns the self winding rotor.

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #5,423 of 14,268

Quote:
Quote:
i was told i didnt wind it enough. i didnt want to over wind it so they said give it a good 40-50 revs and give it a good shake. so i did that this morning and we shall see how long it lasts.

You can't over wind an automatic.  When the spring reaches its full capacity, further winding just turns the self winding rotor.

This is true. You can wind, and wind, and wind... it won't 'over-wind'.
Also, if you've worn it for a day and it wasn't fully wound at the end of that day... you should check your pulse. Maybe you're dead.
rolleyes.gif

My Omega's self-wind easily and quickly. My newer Seamaster begins ticking as soon as I pick it up... if it's run down. Very little movement will wind it.

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #5,424 of 14,268
Dec 14, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #5,425 of 14,268
I personally think that if you can't see your wrist, you look ridiculous. Like one of those guys with the Cadillac Escalades with 30" chrome spinners. Whatever floats your boat, though. People sure do love their Panerais.

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #5,426 of 14,268

Quote:
Quote:

Speedmaster Pro isn't an automatic.  Hand wind only. Shaking it won't do anything.

On that note, wind it until the crown stops turning.  You won't damage it.  40-50 revs is about right and you should get at least 40 hours of reserve out of it.  When I'm wearing mine, I wind it every morning before I put it on.

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #5,427 of 14,268

I'm not sure.  The watch is from the '60's so maybe that's why it says that.  But the caseback is replacement from recent stock.  The stock might be super-old, though.  The parts are from a now-defunct service center out of Australia. 
Quote:

That is really interesting that it says "waterproof" on the back of the watch. For the last 15 years or so, watch companies have only been allowed to say "water resistant" because they say no watch is truly waterproof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May be kind of big for my wrist too, but who's looking at the wrist?  
wink_face.gif

Funny joke by Monique. She said that she read in Cosmopolitan that the first thing that a woman looks at on a man, is his eyes. She said "Hell no, I already got a pair of eyes" 
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #5,428 of 14,268
Speedmaster Pro isn't an automatic.  Hand wind only. Shaking it won't do anything.

On that note, wind it until the crown stops turning.  You won't damage it.  40-50 revs is about right and you should get at least 40 hours of reserve out of it.  When I'm wearing mine, I wind it every morning before I put it on.

really? its not automatic? odd.. lol

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #5,429 of 14,268

Quote:

really? its not automatic? odd.. lol

You could just flail your arms around 40-50 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back