Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Apr 1, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #11,386 of 14,267

I must be in the minority then, as I don't quite get the Pepsi bezels. BLNR maybe, as the color combination is more versatile and could conceivably work in a more elegant setting. Black bezels on a diver watch rule. Unless you go with no bezel at all, like the Ressence types 1 or 3.

Not my watch or photo, but to give you an idea in case you're unfamiliar with them:

That's a very interesting look! The pepsi look as certainly grown on me recently. While a black bezel is more versatile, I guess the pepsi is more fun, and I can always wear a dress watch if the pepsi would be too much for an occasion. 

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #11,387 of 14,267

I must be in the minority then, as I don't quite get the Pepsi bezels. BLNR maybe, as the color combination is more versatile and could conceivably work in a more elegant setting. Black bezels on a diver watch rule. Unless you go with no bezel at all, like the Ressence types 1 or 3.

Not my watch or photo, but to give you an idea in case you're unfamiliar with them:

One of the best looking watches I've seen. 

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #11,389 of 14,267
  And cars or watches mean nothing; Jeff Bezos notoriously was still driving around his old beater Acura despite being a billionaire many times over.

Edit - or Honda Accord or something. Don't quite recall what the story was.

-Not to forget Ingvar Kamprad, IKEA founder and tax dodger extraordinaire; his choice in motoring until recently was a 1990s Volvo 240, not even one in the top trim level.

As for watches and cars, today I wore the watch that got NASA to the moon and back while driving the car which will get you just about anywhere on our own planet - an 105.012 Speedmaster and a Toyota Land Cruiser (HZJ78), respectively.

Apr 3, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #11,390 of 14,267

Well that just moved nicely into the "if I ever have a spare 40K laying around" category. Great looking watch. Interesting movement.

Apr 3, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #11,391 of 14,267

Well that just moved nicely into the "if I ever have a spare 40K laying around" category. Great looking watch. Interesting movement.

The reference watch was/is all over my instagram feed the last weeks towards baselworld.
The older models are around 15k and the newer ones around 35k. Only the newest ressence type is oil filled in order to see the watch in the same way from any angle, also while being inside the water.
Very cool looking, not affordable watch (mb&f):

Apr 3, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #11,392 of 14,267
If I have 40K USD laying around, maybe I will buy Credor GCLP991. I hope Seiko in the future will release thin Spring Drive movement with self-winding, and it's better if they can move power reserve on the back or remove it, and using micro-rotor like Laurent Ferrier
(pict from watchuseek)

Or maybe buy Laurent Ferrier, but I'm still prefer Spring Drive movement 
confused_face(1).gif

Can't wait for the future

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #11,397 of 14,267
Apr 3, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #11,398 of 14,267
Got a Christopher Ward C65 Classic on the way:

Very nice, taking advantage of that sale I see!

I've become much more confident in my decision to go Pepsi. I realized I'm already looking down the road to future dive watches I want to purchase that will likely be in black, so if there is any watch I want in Pepsi, it's the GMT. I can't wait!

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #11,400 of 14,267
I don't know who heads up the design team at Christopher Ward, but whoever it is has a very good eye for classic styling without "hey, I'm rich!" excess or pointless elaboration.

I agree, I think they have a fantastic look to them. Although, frequently with watches I find myself really appreciating a design, but acknowledging I wouldn't want to wear it myself. That's kind of how I feel about those hands. Also, the price. I'd be a lot more tempted if they were $300, but for that price range, I just don't love it enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back