Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Oct 2, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #10,741 of 14,267
Oct 3, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #10,742 of 14,267
Oct 4, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #10,743 of 14,267
Oct 5, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #10,744 of 14,267
Orient Star Open Heart Modern. You can see the gears move through the opening. Very calming to me.

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #10,745 of 14,267
With the Supra x G-Shock collaborative shoes (the Bluetooth G-Shock is shown, not the Supra x G-Shock collaboration watch[es]):

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #10,746 of 14,267
Irie fellow Head-Fier's and watch enthusiast
biggrin.gif

4 beauties Moe and I'm dyin' for a piece of that cake right now, Sugar Cookies Java in my cup to go with it
tongue_smile.gif

I too love the open heart on my Producer as well ezekiel seven seven
beerchug.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #10,747 of 14,267
beerchug.gif

Good times
beerchug.gif

I like G-Shock too but wouldn't know where to start.
Actually I do. I call it the Casio Ultra Magnus G-Shock. :p Definitely getting this first.

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #10,749 of 14,267
  Is it just me or are G-Shocks the Swatch Watch of the modern era???? LOL

-I don't know, to me the Swatches were always somewhat understated even with the splotches of colour - probably I got that impression as the case sizes were rather moderate, at least compared to today's offerings.

The G-Shocks, on the other hand, subscribe more to a 'more is more' design philosophy - call it wrist maximalism if you like.

Both ranges do have (at least!) one thing in common, though - sensibly priced, decent watches and collections large enough for anyone to find something they like.

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #10,750 of 14,267
  Irie fellow Head-Fier's and watch enthusiast
biggrin.gif

4 beauties Moe and I'm dyin' for a piece of that cake right now, Sugar Cookies Java in my cup to go with it
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Thanks Podster!  

The cake was scrumptious - creme cheese based frosting - yum!

Always liking the Rasta!

Good times
beerchug.gif

I like G-Shock too but wouldn't know where to start.
Actually I do. I call it the Casio Ultra Magnus G-Shock. :p Definitely getting this first.

This is one that looks so nice that I don't really wear it all that much, but is still a little more special (not limited, but a little bit tougher to find) G-Shock.

Another red white and darker blue G-Shock

GD-X version (larger) of a red white and darker blue G-Shock

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #10,751 of 14,267
  Is it just me or are G-Shocks the Swatch Watch of the modern era???? LOL

Not quite.  All G-Shocks are functional as they can take immense abuse and keep on ticking, and the ones that utilize Multi-Band 6 capabilities are the most accurate out of any timepiece, regardless of price, in the world.

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #10,753 of 14,267
  I just recall when Gshock watches were plain and nerdy people wore them.... now they have color and a cult following... LOL

There are enough sub-brands and models of Casio and G-Shock watches (thousands) to suit just about every person. 
regular_smile .gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #10,754 of 14,267

Not quite.  All G-Shocks are functional as they can take immense abuse and keep on ticking, and the ones that utilize Multi-Band 6 capabilities are the most accurate out of any timepiece, regardless of price, in the world.

I think the poster was referring to the variety and collectability aspect, as well as the allure of special editions.

As watches, G-Shocks are of course very different to Swatches.

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #10,755 of 14,267
  I think the poster was referring to the variety and collectability aspect, as well as the allure of special editions.

As watches, G-Shocks are of course very different to Swatches.

Who knows exactly what he was thinking?  I took the LOL at the end of the OP not as an "allure of special editions". 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back