Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Mar 22, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #9,226 of 14,267
No matter what anyone feels about Apple and their products, they are groundbreakers and visionaries…and have changed the ways
of the world, and affected the way we communicate and navigate the universe in our lifetime.
I don't think we can imagine how differently our everyday lives would have been, had they never existed.

Even though I am not willing to dedicate one of my two wrists, and lose precious waking moments that I spend enjoying one of my glorious
timepieces each and everyday, the iWatch will be yet another installment in the many chapters our lives that Apple has had a profound
influence on. 

Besides all that crap, I want one because it's another cool gadget in the "He who dies with the most toys, wins" category 
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #9,227 of 14,267
  No matter what anyone feels about Apple and their products, they are groundbreakers and visionaries…and have changed the ways
of the world, and affected the way we communicate and navigate the universe in our lifetime.
I don't think we can imagine how differently our everyday lives would have been, had they never existed.

Even though I am not willing to dedicate one of my two wrists, and lose precious waking moments that I spend enjoying one of my glorious
timepieces each and everyday, the iWatch will be yet another installment in the many chapters our lives that Apple has had a profound
influence on. 

Besides all that crap, I want one because it's another cool gadget in the "He who dies with the most toys, wins" category 
tongue.gif

To some, iPhones might have been the first smartphones, but to those who used Windows Mobile, Symbian UIQ on devices like Sony M600 or P1, never really noticed the device come to the market. The same same applies to iWatch, with the difference that there is nor real use for any smartwatch unless one that the manufacturer makes you believe you need. I do use a watch for running, but neither iWatch, nor any other smartwatch will ever provide the functionality of a real sports watch like Garmin FR620, some Suuntos or Leikr. 

Yet, we live in the world of consumers, so we buy. And by we, I mean myself as well, just not smartwatches :wink:

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #9,229 of 14,267
Ok, so encouraged by shane55 and bigfatpaulie I went and closed a deal on a vintage Omega Constellation. The strap is from Worn and Wound.

Hope you guys like it. I'm pretty happy with it.

Mar 22, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #9,230 of 14,267
Nice bumper wind Constellation. Looks like it's in great shape.

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #9,231 of 14,267
Monoespacio... very nice watch!! Congrats on the find and purchase.

And Mr. Rick... Nice Steinhart. One of my faves in your collection. Cheers.

Mar 22, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #9,232 of 14,267
  Ok, so encouraged by shane55 and bigfatpaulie I went and closed a deal on a vintage Omega Constellation. The strap is from Worn and Wound.

Hope you guys like it. I'm pretty happy with it.

Congrats, Monoespacio!!!  Lovely classic piece!  A Constellation with a piepan dial is a truly timeless watch. 

Wear it in the best of health.

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #9,234 of 14,267
Advice Required......

I'm looking to add a new watch to my small collection and I'm struggling to make a decision on what to go for.....I have 3 options in mind, including

Omega Seamaster 300m coaxial (probably between 5 and 12 years old)

Omega Planet Ocean

Christopher Ward Trident Pro 600

I know that the Omegas are probably a different ball game to the CW but of course the CW would be brand new and probably the 3rd of the price of the Omegas.

What do you guys think and would it be worth spending £1,500 to £2,500 on the Omega. It would certainly get the use in rotation with my Tag Heuer Carrera and Seiko Superior. I do like the look of all three watches and thee is something in my band about strapping a brand like omega to your wrist.

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #9,235 of 14,267
Advice Required......

I'm looking to add a new watch to my small collection and I'm struggling to make a decision on what to go for.....I have 3 options in mind, including

Omega Planet Ocean

I know that the Omegas are probably a different ball game to the CW but of course the CW would be brand new and probably the 3rd of the price of the Omegas.

What do you guys think and would it be worth spending £1,500 to £2,500 on the Omega. It would certainly get the use in rotation with my Tag Heuer Carrera and Seiko Superior. I do like the look of all three watches and thee is something in my band about strapping a brand like omega to your wrist.

I haven't put on any of my TAGs once I got my Omega Seamaster! 

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #9,238 of 14,267
Advice Required......

Omega Planet Ocean

No offense to CW... but Omega all the way.

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #9,239 of 14,267
Does anyone have a recommendation of a reputable place to buy a used watch like an Omega Seamaster? Besides the usual sources like WUS or Ebay?

Mar 23, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #9,240 of 14,267
Advice Required......

Omega Planet Ocean

I have the Planet Ocean and love it to bits but I also have a couple of CW watches and the quality is impeccable. I love the look of the Trident Pro 600 as it is very similar to the Planet Ocean. No doubt I will take some stick for this but I really need the cash right now and am considering selling my beloved Planet Ocean and picking up a Trident. I am also thinning the headphone herd :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back