Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Aug 18, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #12,541 of 14,263
My little wall of Casio. And I have a new GravityMaster on it's way to me.

20180818_103320374_iOS.jpg

I guess you can tell which ones are GPS/Radio updated and which one I don't wear very often...

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #12,543 of 14,263
IMG_4076.JPG
IMG_4077.JPG
Oh My!
Just noticed we had Watchaholics here!!!
My daily is this one, Oris Williams automatic, Full carbon fiber casing.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #12,544 of 14,263
@shane55
hi shane! your old omega with bumper movement, do they make bumping noise when you shake the watch?

Aug 24, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #12,545 of 14,263
@shane55
hi shane! your old omega with bumper movement, do they make bumping noise when you shake the watch?

Yes! But it’s a very quiet thud.
The feel is more fun than the sound. :wink:

Cheers

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #12,546 of 14,263
Yes! But it’s a very quiet thud.
The feel is more fun than the sound. :wink:

Cheers
thanks for the reply!
i see, like something moving around? i think my old omega use that bumper movement, i'm not sure but it's feel and sound different from my other watches. i should check it when i service it

Aug 25, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #12,547 of 14,263
thanks for the reply!
i see, like something moving around? i think my old omega use that bumper movement, i'm not sure but it's feel and sound different from my other watches. i should check it when i service it

The bumper rotor only travels about 300 degrees (?) and hits the rubber bumpers at the end of its travel. It's not a smooth round and round movement like a typical auto. You can certainly feel it bumping back and forth.
'54_Omega_move.JPG

Aug 31, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #12,549 of 14,263
My late dad gave me a Rolex more than three decades ago and I fell in love with the half-gold design of the Oyster Date he'd given me. Recently came across another watch which I knew I needed in my life, so I snagged it. It's a used Rolex Datejust which had been restored to near pristine condition. Cost me a pretty penny but I just like the simple watch face, much like the one my dad gave me.
Ni0WxIJ.jpg

A pic of it next to the watch that my old man gave me all those years ago...
YFlO76x.jpg

Aug 31, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #12,550 of 14,263
My late dad gave me a Rolex more than three decades ago and I fell in love with the half-gold design of the Oyster Date he'd given me. Recently came across another watch which I knew I needed in my life, so I snagged it. It's a used Rolex Datejust which had been restored to near pristine condition. Cost me a pretty penny but I just like the simple watch face, much like the one my dad gave me.
Ni0WxIJ.jpg

A pic of it next to the watch that my old man gave me all those years ago...
YFlO76x.jpg
Both are beautiful.
I have almost the same two-tone DJ like yours on the left from my late uncle, but with a MOP dial.
I really love the engine turned bezel on your late fathers DJ w/stick markers. I have a DJ 16220 (below) with the engine eurned bezel and love it.
This is the photo of my watch by the seller prior to me purchasing it.

s-l1600-2.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #12,551 of 14,263
Both are beautiful.
I have almost the same two-tone DJ like yours on the left from my late uncle, but with a MOP dial.
I really love the engine turned bezel on your late fathers DJ w/stick markers. I have a DJ 16220 (below) with the engine eurned bezel and love it.
This is the photo of my watch by the seller prior to me purchasing it.

Nice, real nice!:thumbsup: Good to see another who love Rolex. I know half-gold is a tad passe, single tone is in now, but I guess I'm attached to the half gold tone due to my dad's gift. When I look at it, I'm reminded of my old man. I did notice that the watch from my dad has a pretty audible ticking sound, whereas the 'new' one is more subtle.

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #12,552 of 14,263
Nice, real nice!:thumbsup: Good to see another who love Rolex. I know half-gold is a tad passe, single tone is in now, but I guess I'm attached to the half gold tone due to my dad's gift. When I look at it, I'm reminded of my old man. I did notice that the watch from my dad has a pretty audible ticking sound, whereas the 'new' one is more subtle.
The two-tone will always be a classic!

Sep 2, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #12,554 of 14,263
I now have three automatic watches, and since I can only wear one at a time, I'd decided to get one of those watch winder box thingy. Below is a pic of it with the cover opened up.
VMbimJc.jpg

And below here is a shot of it with the cover closed, my two Rolex are being constantly rotated on that round/circular platter.....thingy.
watZg3A.jpg

Sep 2, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #12,555 of 14,263
I now have three automatic watches, and since I can only wear one at a time, I'd decided to get one of those watch winder box thingy. Below is a pic of it with the cover opened up.
VMbimJc.jpg

And below here is a shot of it with the cover closed, my two Rolex are being constantly rotated on that round/circular platter.....thingy.
watZg3A.jpg
I also purchased 2 Belocia ($60.00) watch winders with Japanese motors very similar to yours.
I went light with the cost because once the motors go that's it, so for their price, it was well l worth it too me and I've had no issues with neither so far. Some of these winders (like anything else) can be mighty, mighty expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back