Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 16, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #12,211 of 14,268
I'm also into G-Shocks, they're what I wear on a daily basis. :)

I've got 1 of the Astro Boy 60th Anniversary Limited Editions and a few others.

So many watches, so little time...
Awesome collab G you’ve got there! I’m approaching 80 G’s (if I’m fortunate enough to make NYC I’ll more than likely purchase a few from the US flagship store), so that’s pretty interesting in my opinion. I’ll probably stick to wearing a G on the left and the Ionic on the right - at least for now.

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #12,212 of 14,268
80 G-Shocks is awesome. I'd like the chance to get to one of their stores.

I've got 10 including an Adult Swim Metalocalypse Limited Edition DW-6900. The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Limited Edition is the one I'd like to have.

I prefer the square shape of the 5600 over the 6900 though and have a GW-M5610 that's my favorite and what I usually end up wearing more than any other watch I own.

Dec 17, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #12,213 of 14,268
80 G-Shocks is awesome. I'd like the chance to get to one of their stores.

I've got 10 including an Adult Swim Metalocalypse Limited Edition DW-6900. The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Limited Edition is the one I'd like to have.

I prefer the square shape of the 5600 over the 6900 though and have a GW-M5610 that's my favorite and what I usually end up wearing more than any other watch I own.
That Metalocalypse timepiece is legit! I was trying to update my original G collection post, but since the Head-Fi transition, the system would not allow for more than twenty pictures per post, meaning there was no way for me to update the post (or any other review and/or thread that I have ever written).

The Ionic is a pretty addicting fitness watch, and I’m looking forward to acquiring the next version. The Pebble 2 does look pretty snazzy, though, and is at least worth a look.

Dec 17, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #12,214 of 14,268
Thanks for all your kind words! Happy Holidays, everyone!

shr_48.jpg

shr_47.jpg

Pardon all the dirt and such, I forgot to clean it...

I am looking at adding a second Lange in 2018 but I'm torn between two (talk about a first world problem, eh?)

I think you need to donate this watch to the shane55 Fund for Horological Studies and Appreciation. We're in need of something like this to round out our collection...

Holy crap, Paulie... this makes my day.

Cheers!!

Dec 18, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #12,215 of 14,268
Hi,

This is my first watch post since I’ve returned from Germany:

I really enjoy purchasing and amassing G-Shocks, but I recently purchased a Fitbit Ionic, and I really enjoy it. It’s not quite the smartwatch as the Apple Watch series, but my goal was to work on my recovery physically, and I believe as a fitness watch with smartwatch tendencies, the Ionic has succeeded.

If you are interested in possibly purchasing an Ionic yourself, they are on sale on eBay and the Fitbit website itself via
https://www.fitbit.com/shop/ionic.

Below is a comparison review of the Apple Watch Series 3 versus the Fitbit Ionic:

Happy Holidays!

Good to see you back Moe. Happy Holidays!

Dec 18, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #12,216 of 14,268
Dec 18, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #12,217 of 14,268
...I prefer the square shape of the 5600 over the 6900 though and have a GW-M5610 that's my favorite and what I usually end up wearing more than any other watch I own.

I might have to pick up a 5610. :wink:

My first G-Shock was the DW5000C, followed by the second edition, and then three or four generic 5600. Thats about 30+ years where it served as my one watch. The first G-Shock really fit my lifestyle then, at that age and having just read Cousteau and Messner, authors who fueled the desire for adventure.

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #12,218 of 14,268
here's a 'little' one from me :) Happy Holidays everyone!

IMG_0048.JPG

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #12,219 of 14,268
I might have to pick up a 5610.

If you do I recommend you check out the composite G-Shock bracelet for it. You'll see why it's the watch I wear most.

This, however, is 1 of 3000 Pobeda made that were presented to Russian Spetsnaz Special Forces that served in Chechnya between 1999 and 2004. The Cyrillic reads:

76гв - 76 troop

ВДД is Воздушно-Десантная Дивизия - airborne division

Сделано в России - Made in Russia

spetznaz01.jpg

nato01.jpg

That's a canvas NATO band and very comfortable.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #12,221 of 14,268
I think you need to donate this watch to the shane55 Fund for Horological Studies and Appreciation. We're in need of something like this to round out our collection...

Holy crap, Paulie... this makes my day.

Cheers!!

We would be happy to donate to the shane55 Fund for Horological Studies and Appreciation, however, at this time we are only shipping to Canada. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused :)

You know, it makes my day too!

Dec 18, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #12,223 of 14,268
HOLY CRUMBS, BATMAN! MOE!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I missed your post! Welcome back, mate! I'm so glad to see you up and at 'em again. We've missed you dearly! I hope you are on a speedy road to recovery.
Tis the season to be blessed, for sure!

Thanks for the kind words, my friend! I just got done with the longest MRI of my head/brain in my life: over an hour! Hopefully there will be no bleeding found on the follow-up appointment on Wednesday.

Happy that I received 6 different colored Fitbit Ionic sport bands this morning - it’s like I’ve got 6 additional Ionics! Using my blue with neon yellow/green is quite fun.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to you!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #12,225 of 14,268
We would be happy to donate to the shane55 Fund for Horological Studies and Appreciation, however, at this time we are only shipping to Canada. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused :)

You know, it makes my day too!

Well... I guess we'll have to move the HQ to Banff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back