Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!

First

Back
804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813
815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824
Next

Last
  1. pigmode
    Thanks.

Having used it daily for the past week, I'm pretty happy to have chosen to go automatic. The aesthetics of the sweep second hand is not over-rated.

2. bigfatpaulie
    Who knew!

But seriously, I saw this "over there" as well. Cool watch!

I've been bitten again by the bug. I think there is a new German in 2018 for me...

pigmode and gelocks like this.
  3. pigmode

That doesn't sound like a bad thing. I find the Damasko dsub1 from Gnomon very interesting.

4. bigfatpaulie
    It's certainly not a 'bad' thing... Well, maybe for my wallet it is! I think I've narrowed it down to two options but time will tell. Either way, it would be in 2018.

5. some1x
    IMG_20171214_140327.jpg
    Grail watch for me :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    gelocks, jcn3, shane55 and 2 others like this.
  6. bigfatpaulie
    Fantastic watch! Is that your Saxonia?

Mine says, 'Hi!'

[​IMG]

gelocks, jcn3, Zojokkeli and 3 others like this.
  7. some1x
    Nice! Time to form team Lange :wink:

8. bigfatpaulie
    I think it would, sadly, be a very small team.

9. shane55

Sigh...
    A nice shot of the workings, please.
    <envy>

10. Zojokkeli
    Definitely my grail watch. Not that Patek's or AP's wouldn't be nice, but there's just that special something about Lange that gets me.
    Hopefully those lottery tickets pay off at some point.

11. bigfatpaulie
    Thanks for all your kind words! Happy Holidays, everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pardon all the dirt and such, I forgot to clean it...

I am looking at adding a second Lange in 2018 but I'm torn between two (talk about a first world problem, eh?)

gelocks, jcn3, shane55 and 3 others like this.
  12. Trihexagonal
    This is a Russian made Pobeda that celebrates the 1995 50th anniversary of the Soviet victory over Germany in WWII. Pobeda was the name chosen for the watch company by Joseph Stalin and means Victory. It was made after the fall of the Soviet Union in 1993 and the word at the bottom of the dial means Russia. Those made before then carry the CCCP mark. The image in the circle within star is the Moscow skyline.

It was ceremoniously presented to a veteran of that war and the inscription on the back in Cyrillic reads:

"Meeting of the Deputies
    Administration of Lipetsk State

To Winner Warrior."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wear it on a plain brown leather strap that I've used mink oil to give an aged look to match the age of the watch.

I also have 1 of 3000 Pobeda made that were presented to members of Spetsnaz Russian Special Forces that served in Chechnya I'll post later.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    ruhenheiM likes this.
  13. moedawg140 Contributor
    Hi,

This is my first watch post since I’ve returned from Germany:

I really enjoy purchasing and amassing G-Shocks, but I recently purchased a Fitbit Ionic, and I really enjoy it. It’s not quite the smartwatch as the Apple Watch series, but my goal was to work on my recovery physically, and I believe as a fitness watch with smartwatch tendencies, the Ionic has succeeded.

9057C0B9-93DF-4B06-B1B0-9C6B7A5EFDB7.jpeg

If you are interested in possibly purchasing an Ionic yourself, they are on sale on eBay and the Fitbit website itself via
    https://www.fitbit.com/shop/ionic.

Below is a comparison review of the Apple Watch Series 3 versus the Fitbit Ionic:

Happy Holidays!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    gelocks likes this.
  14. Saraguie
    IMG_6108.JPG

Buyers beware: I bought this watch at auction in one of the big three major houses. Guess what? F A K E I was not going to insure it so I was not going to get appraised. However, I decided since i was having my dad's watch appraised, what the heck,I might as well bring the 'Franck Muller'

Monday I'll be bringing it to the NYC location and once they verify their mistake, will cancel the sale and issue a refund. No wonder I got it a good price (if it was real that is :/

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  15. Trihexagonal
    I'm also into G-Shocks, they're what I wear on a daily basis. :)

I've got 1 of the Astro Boy 60th Anniversary Limited Editions and a few others.

So many watches, so little time...

moedawg140 likes this.
First

Back
804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813
815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824
Next

Last