Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 1, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #12,016 of 14,263
If you like the watch, it seems like a great deal. That's way, way cheaper than even grey market.

I think the movement is basically the same as a Valjoux 7750, just larger. Sapphire crystal, signed caseback, signed crown. All good things.

It's huge though, 48mm. And it has a low beat rate, so with that size, I think the sweeping hand might look pretty choppy.

Not for me, but for another person this could be a fantastic deal.

I do like smooth, my latest acquisition just came in and for the price she is very sweet
tongue_smile.gif

But still no where near as smooth as my baby
rolleyes.gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #12,018 of 14,263
Hello,

Please rate my watch. I love this thing so much!

Personally, I would never own one, but if you like it, that is all that matters.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #12,019 of 14,263
Why not? I love calculator watches. But id like to hear your opinion against it.

Edit: just wanted to point out i did not take any offense. in case that was not clear, sometimes its hard to tell over the internet, hehe.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #12,020 of 14,263
  Why not? I love calculator watches. But id like to hear your opinion against it.

Edit: just wanted to point out i did not take any offense. in case that was not clear, sometimes its hard to tell over the internet, hehe.

I'm 67 years old.

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #12,024 of 14,263
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask whether anyone owns a Bulova Moonwatch. It caught my eye as an addition to my Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch.

I have pretty small wrist but occasionally wear a 51x51mm Garmin Fenix 3 so I thought the Bulova would not be too big.

What do you think of the watch? I have several mechanical watches and the Garmin for sports/ holidays. Do you think I will enjoy that UHF movement?

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #12,025 of 14,263
  Hah! Fair enough :)

What kind of watches do you like? Do you have a special kind of watch you wear with a suit for example?

I haven't worn a suit or tie since I retired. I have nearly fifty watches, most of which I have posted in this thread. I wear what I want, when I want. 

Retirement is great. Work is highly overrated.

This is what I'm wearing today.

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #12,026 of 14,263
  Hi guys,

I wanted to ask whether anyone owns a Bulova Moonwatch. It caught my eye as an addition to my Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch.

I have pretty small wrist but occasionally wear a 51x51mm Garmin Fenix 3 so I thought the Bulova would not be too big.

What do you think of the watch? I have several mechanical watches and the Garmin for sports/ holidays. Do you think I will enjoy that UHF movement?

Had it, sold it...
It's actually a VERY VERY nice watch, with an excellent readable dial, the best pushers I've had and felt on a chrono and it's definitely well made. But the SHAPE of the case I wasn't a fan of. Not sure, it was just weird. It sat weird on my wrist and LOOKED weird to me so I got rid of it. But not because it was a bad watch, just preference I guess. If you get it at a decent price, GO FOR IT!
I bought mine for less than $300 and sold it for a similar price, so it seems people do like it a lot.

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #12,027 of 14,263

I haven't worn a suit or tie since I retired. I have nearly fifty watches, most of which I have posted in this thread. I wear what I want, when I want. 

Retirement is great. Work is highly overrated.

This is what I'm wearing today.

Yet another great looking timepiece Mr. Rick, I was just about to tell the YounGain he could just peruse this thread and see some of that fine collection
bigsmile_face.gif

@Gainastyle Mr. Rick is right in the fact if you enjoy it wear it
wink_face.gif
I could never wear one like yours because my fingers are the size of a Bratwurst
rolleyes.gif
Guess I could carry a stylus for it but then it's just keeping up with more stuff and like Mr. Rick I'm over 60 myself, full size keyboards are a struggle for me!

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #12,028 of 14,263

Enjoying my NTH today.
One of my 40mms I like a lot (usually wear bigger 42-47mm).

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #12,029 of 14,263

Had it, sold it...
It's actually a VERY VERY nice watch, with an excellent readable dial, the best pushers I've had and felt on a chrono and it's definitely well made. But the SHAPE of the case I wasn't a fan of. Not sure, it was just weird. It sat weird on my wrist and LOOKED weird to me so I got rid of it. But not because it was a bad watch, just preference I guess. If you get it at a decent price, GO FOR IT!
I bought mine for less than $300 and sold it for a similar price, so it seems people do like it a lot.

Thanks!

I will be receiving the watch this week and will try to decide if  Iwant to keep it or not before the return window closes. I'm just a bit concerned about the size.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #12,030 of 14,263
I didn't even think of that... but how long before that well runs dry and the cost for a basic 2892 exceeds it's value?

What are the alternatives? Sellita... a Chinese clone with a factory in Switzerland? No thanks. I passed on some Tag heritage models I actually kind of liked (don't judge me) because they used Sellita movements. 

At least Breitling is starting to produce more watches with their in-house movements. I guess technically ETA is an in-house movement for Omega, but they have others as well... In fact, I'd be first in line for a PO or that gorgeous new SM300 if it weren't for the display backs which add too much thickness. Rolex and Tudor of course have always used in-house movements. But I digress... in-house is the way the entry level watch industry going, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. 

Selitta isn't so bad performance-wise, I bought a SW200-1 OEM ebauche recently and the timegrapher performance is really good for what I paid (way less than a gen ETA 2824-2).

Maybe give Selitta another chance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back