Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 10, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #7,112 of 14,263
Quote:

Looks great on mesh! I am still looking for a nice mesh bracelet but have a hard time choosing one that's both affordable and solid. Any suggestions? 

I don't have any other experience with mesh other than the shark mesh on my SKX007. But I think the one I have is pretty solid. 

I didn't want to have to drill or cut one to fit, so I bought a shark mesh with removable links like you would find on an oyster style bracelet. William Jean (wjean28 on eBay) sells the shark mesh I have and I think it's pretty nice. The only complaint I have is the screws in the links are difficult to screw back in all the way. But the construction of the bracelet itself is nice.  

I'm not positive, but it appears to be the same exact shark mesh bracelet sold by Strapcode and Market-Straps.com. So probably produced by a factory in China and distributed by various outlets.  

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #7,113 of 14,263
I have recently been bitten by the Bronze Bug!

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #7,115 of 14,263
any of you post on watchuseek forums?

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #7,121 of 14,263
I have an Omega speedmaster like this one http://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/t7255-1973-omega-anniversary-speedmaster-125-chronometer
Not as nice looking since I wear mine everyday.

I'm looking for a band for it since mine is a little tight. Any assistance where I can buy one would be well appreciated.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #7,123 of 14,263
New additions aplenty, but here's a picture of one of them to keep this thread going! :)

Tempo D'oro Skeleton. Automatic Hangzhou 2189 movement. Bought this during my last holiday in Prague. It's a mushroom brand ofcourse, Chinese parts assembled in Europe. But the specs are decent and the finish is on par with Sea-Gull branded watches. I am very happy with it for the $50 I paid. Decent power reserve as well, around 4 days. About 6 seconds off daily so that's perfectely tolerable. :) 

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #7,124 of 14,263
Guys, I know this thread focuses more on the higher end, but I like the Timex below. They claim it's '70's Inspired', and it lines up with my recollection of what a man's watch looked like in the 70s :D

It's simple, easily read at a glance, has a 'night light' and I wouldn't slit my wrists if the watch was lost/stolen.  Timex seems to have a reasonable reputation for reliability - just not a whole lot of street cred compared to more expensive brands. That's fine with me, particularly if it means I'm not likely to be targeted for my watch.  . 

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #7,125 of 14,263
IT looks very cool! The kind of watch I would be looking to buy.
If it had been a mechanical watch looking like that I think I would buy it immediately. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back