Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #6,121 of 14,268

Quote:
Zowie! Great fliegers, gents.
The IWC is gorgeous.
The Sinn is terriffic and one of my faves!
The Laco is very nice too.

Congrats on some really nice watches.

Thanks! Glad you like it! I've been wanting the Mark XVI for years...finally bit the bullet

Jun 27, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #6,122 of 14,268
Just ordered one of these.

only mine is the quartz version. Always wanted a longines and also a dressy watch!

Jun 27, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #6,124 of 14,268
Jun 27, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #6,125 of 14,268
Maurice Lacroix Squelette it appears. Not a fan of skeletons except when viewed from the back. They are too hard to read the actual time from the front.

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #6,127 of 14,268

Quote:
Nice thanks for checking it out. If you can, see if they will ship international if their price is better than horademoda €390.

It's still available and can be delivered within the week. But official Certina price still is 490€. No international delivery.
So that Spanish guy seems to be the cheapest at 390€. But can he be trusted?

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #6,128 of 14,268
It appears many people have purchased from there without problem. They are an authorized dealer. I was 1 click away from buying one last night but I'm going to look locally this morning to see whats around.

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #6,129 of 14,268
Just ordered one from horademoda.com. Went shopping this morning to check the $100-300 range (before I spent more than I originally set aside for a watch), but although they were nice watches, they weren't of the fit/finish I was looking for.

I haven't worn a watch since I was very young (20 years ago) and it was just a cheapy Timex Ironman. So this Certina will be a nice 'first watch'.

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #6,130 of 14,268

Quote:
Just ordered one from horademoda.com. Went shopping this morning to check the $100-300 range (before I spent more than I originally set aside for a watch), but although they were nice watches, they weren't of the fit/finish I was looking for.

I haven't worn a watch since I was very young (20 years ago) and it was just a cheapy Timex Ironman. So this Certina will be a nice 'first watch'.

Keep us posted when it gets there please, and take some pictures :)
I'm still hesitating...

Jun 29, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #6,131 of 14,268

Quote:

I was the same way. I remember wearing a Swatch watch when i was young but then the pager age came in and i stopped. My Older brother kept telling me to get into watches when i was really into headphone hi-fi but i used to use my cell phone back then, i was maybe 24-25. Then i picked up a Tissot T-Race one day and wore it about a year nonstop till one day i forgot it at home and felt empty and lost without a watch on. I then just started buying and the rest is up to present day. If you find yourself one day in the future lost without your watch then upgrade and put more money into it..your time is worth it. If you dont wear it much after a few months then you didnt waste that much money at all and you gave it a try. I still have my old Swatch watch till this day though..maybe i should give it some wrist time...hmm

Though i am done buying for awhile, decided my smile is worth more then a fancy wrist. You people think watches are costly never seen dental costs...jeezz.

Jun 29, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #6,133 of 14,268
All this talk of flieger uhr, and I realized I happened to be wearing one of my favorite ones today.  Even though it's not mechanical, for some reason, I've always liked the styling, comfort, and functionality of the Aerospace.  Excuse the camera phone snap.

Jun 29, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #6,134 of 14,268
All this talk of flieger uhr, and I realized I happened to be wearing one of my favorite ones today.  Even though it's not mechanical, for some reason, I've always liked the styling, comfort, and functionality of the Aerospace.  Excuse the camera phone snap.

If I ever got a Breitling again with would be one of these. I love Breitlings commitment to the super quartz movement. My constellation has a movement from the same family but sadly Omgea have decided to put only vanilla quartz movements in their watches now so my connie was the last of the line.
Another thing I like about Breiling is they will replace the movement come service time with a complete new movement if they do not have parts for the old one!

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #6,135 of 14,268
Just had to write this note as I am so happy. I just got my first Cartier!
totally unexpected I was passing a jewelers in my neighborhood today and they do estate stuff. I spied a vintage men's tank in the window and went it to have a look.

The watch is around forty years old, one gentleman owner who used to be a championship jockey
The watch has a lovely patina a little discoloration around the edge of the dial that comes with age and the case has the kind of swirls that come with age as well. Lovely manual wind movement that has just been serviced and keeps excellent time. Aftermarket croco strap but original Cartier tang buckle.

It is what we call in the vintage watch world a a good honest piece. Small by today's standards but that is OK as I am lucky in not having a problem going from big to small watches. I just know this one is going to get a lot of wrist time.

So, just got home at took a few shots. For those who like pristine watches look away. For those who like old watches to show a history and patina here you go! (Truth be told if you look at the watch with the naked eye you can hardly see any of the patina, just a lovely creamy dial. Only close up does it really show so these pictures do the watch a disservice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back