Washington, DC./Maryland/Virginia Head-Fi Member Meet - May 18, 2019 - Gaithersburg, MD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #91 of 183
Same thanks, the library was hard to find but an excellent venue. Much appreciated.

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #93 of 183
Hey'o! I can Attend this! I lucked out and already have these days off

Only qualm right now is sleeping, ideally I'd love to have a couch to crash on! I'm doing shows 2 weeks before and after so less hotels is nice BUT I can get a double twin room at a discount via my wife's employment if any one is interested

Anyways for stuff I'll very much have the following

Aune X1S
  • Schiit Vali 1
JDS Labs EL Dac / OL Dac
  • Atom
  • EL Amp
Auris Euterpe

RME ADI 2 [With Topping D-10 running USB to Coax]
  • Ember II with Noise Nuke & All circuit Bypasses
  • Recapped/Modded APPJ pa1502a
  • RHNP Precision Headphone Amp
Headphones;

Audeze;
  • LCD X
  • LCD 2C
Sennheiser
  • HD 800
  • HD 600
Mr Speakers Aeon C
Campfire Audio Cascade
  • Stock Filters Removed
Sendy Avia
AKG K702

An If any one would like I can also bring
E-MU Purpleheart with CAL Pads
SONY MDR V6
Superlux HD 668B with Velours
iBasso PB2 with external LPSU
ALO RKMX3B
HeadAmp Pico Power
HM901
Geek Out V2+
JDS Labs The Element

And I might have some ZMF stuff on hand, still waiting to get confirmation on them/that and I may or may not have Modi 3 and Lyr 3, I'll need to check with Schiit if I can keep em a bit longer

An part of what I have is on temporary loan from a few vendors, so I want to also thank them for allowing me to bring this stuff to this meet! I love what I've heard from these products and I'm excited for those of you who have not heard some or most of this gear to get to hear it!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #94 of 183
Will anyone be able to bring Victor HA-FW10000 iems? I'd bring a DX220 with amp1 mkii and amp8 and Sony IER-Z1R iems for comparison. Having a 4.4mm balanced cable would be ideal.

May 2, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #95 of 183
Hey'o! I can Attend this! I lucked out and already have these days off

Only qualm right now is sleeping, ideally I'd love to have a couch to crash on! I'm doing shows 2 weeks before and after so less hotels is nice BUT I can get a double twin room at a discount via my wife's employment if any one is interested

Anyways for stuff I'll very much have the following

Aune X1S
  • Schiit Vali 1
JDS Labs EL Dac / OL Dac
  • Atom
  • EL Amp
Auris Euterpe

RME ADI 2 [With Topping D-10 running USB to Coax]
  • Ember II with Noise Nuke & All circuit Bypasses
  • Recapped/Modded APPJ pa1502a
  • RHNP Precision Headphone Amp
Headphones;

Audeze;
  • LCD 3
  • LCD X
  • LCD 2C
  • LCD 2 Closed Back
Sennheiser
  • HD 800
  • HD 600
Mr Speakers Aeon C
Campfire Audio Cascade
  • Stock Filters Removed
Sendy Avia
AKG K702

An If any one would like I can also bring
E-MU Purpleheart with CAL Pads
SONY MDR V6
Superlux HD 668B with Velours
iBasso PB2 with external LPSU
ALO RKMX3B
HeadAmp Pico Power
HM901
Geek Out V2+
JDS Labs The Element

And I might have some ZMF stuff on hand, still waiting to get confirmation on them/that and I may or may not have Modi 3 and Lyr 3, I'll need to check with Schiit if I can keep em a bit longer

An part of what I have is on temporary loan from a few vendors, so I want to also thank them for allowing me to bring this stuff to this meet! I love what I've heard from these products and I'm excited for those of you who have not heard some or most of this gear to get to hear it!!!!!!!!

I won't have any IEMS and quick update, I will not have LCD 3 or 2Closed Back, slight miscommunication on my part so maybe in the future at other meets I'll have em

But I'll still have 2Classic Open Back and LCD X

May 4, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #96 of 183
anyone got Hifiman Arya or HE1000 V2 or SE?
I will be there with my HE-1000SE and Hiby R6 Pro, possibly some other stuff. I'm looking to sell my ADI-2 Pro Anniversary Edition, if anyone's interested.

May 4, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #97 of 183
Kind of goofy but I hope it's something you guys will look forward to

I have a shirt from zmf a shirt from JDS labs in the shirt from linear tube audio and I'll be giving away at the meet no raffle or anyting

Now if somebody hosting this is actually doing a raffle I'm happy to contribute the shirts to that just reach out to me

And the shirts are just stuff that I've gotten in the last couple of months and I feel it's going to be best to share them with you guys ^^

May 9, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #101 of 183
In case anyone in the area (or their kids) might be interested...

Linear Tube Audio (in Takoma Park, Md.) is hiring!

Know an enthusiastic, obsessively organized, process-driven hifi fanatic who is looking for a new job? Send them our way!

Please and thank you.

WASHINGTONDC.CRAIGSLIST.ORG

Operations and Shipping Manager for Audio Company
About Us Linear Tube audio is a small company that has been making high-fidelity audio electronics since 2015. All of our products are built by hand in our workshop in Takoma Park, Maryland. To learn

May 11, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #102 of 183
I'm working at LTA again. Just building stuff mostly, this time around. There's a more qualified guy in charge of talking to people about the company and products. We're almost certainly coming to the meet, though we're still figuring out who's going. I'll tag along with whoever else goes to help with stuff but mostly just to go to the meet. Should have the MZ3 and the ZOTL10e (electrostatic + regular headphone amp) but can't confirm yet. So here's a post saying that LTA will probably be there, probably with new stuff, and probably will post again confirming these things.

Can anyone convince Doshi to send up their newish headphone amp?

And thank you, Ken. We like giving raises to good employees not just looking for a Summer job. You can learn neat stuff.

May 11, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #103 of 183
4 hr really isnt enough. The pre-meet went by really quick, especially if it just a pre-meet and so many gear were brought, I didnt even get to listen to everything. Anyway have fun guys, too bad I cant be there.

May 13, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #104 of 183
EXCITING NEWS.

1) Linear Tube Audio has confirmed that Will and Nicholas will be there with the MZ3 headphone amp (https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/products/microzotl-mz3) and a Z10e electrostatic headphone amp (https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/products/z10e-electrostatic-headphone-amp-preamp-integrated-amp)... so bring your electrostatic headphones

2) Conrad Johnson has arranged for one of their dealers, 20/20 Evolution Systems (https://2020evo.com/products-and-partners/), to send a representative with the brand new Conrad Johnson HVA1 headphone amp.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #105 of 183
Exciting news! I won't make it but please take lots of pics and post opinions! Have a great meet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back