Washington, D.C. Looking To Meet and Test!
Dec 18, 2008 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

MorganC14

New Head-Fier
Hello all, I've read your forums for a bit but this is the first time I've posted. Glad to be part of a new community.
biggrin.gif

So as a gift this year I was given a pair of Sennheiser HD-650s by family who knew what a big audiophile I was. However, I've never really had the gear to take full advantage of it! With these headphones, I'm looking to be taking a travel down that expensive lane of audio goodness and glory.

With that in mind, I was hoping to meet someone in the D.C. area who was already familiar with the layouts of headphone foo and the associated gear, and to have a chance to exactly see (and HEAR) what sort of gear I was getting myself into. At the moment I plug the headphones in to my Denon 1709, and it is far better than, say, my computer
redface.gif
but I am certain that getting a good amp for a good source will be even better.

So I ask - is there anyone in the DC area who is willing to show a newbie the ropes, and to break them in to this brave new world of music?
beyersmile.png
I've been looking at everything from the Graham Slee Novo to the Headroom Microamp + DAC, but I'm just not certain, and maybe it will be something completely different.

Again, awesome to be here.

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 58
Welcome to Head-Fi. I'm right in Northern VA and would totally be interested in a DC-area meet at some point. Who else is from around here?

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #5 of 58
Richmond, Va

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #8 of 58
I am in WV but close to Winchester.

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 58
Soon to be Bowie, MD.

And to MorganC14, WELCOME TO HEAD-FI and sorry about your wallet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #12 of 58
I'm in Vienna, VA (Northern VA) and down to meet anytime
biggrin.gif
. Just a thought but maybe we can all meet up somewhere and bring some of our cans and amps along for a meet-up?

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #13 of 58
The 2 meets I've been to were in hotel meeting rooms, which costs money and someone's time to organize it. Another option is to have it at someone's house. Neither is an option for me right now because I'm too busy at work and my house is too small.

Dec 29, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #14 of 58
I am in too whenever wherever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back