Warwick Acoustics announce The APERIO - To be launched at Munich-High End
Apr 3, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #16 of 39
Its confirmed in a video interview by the big wig from Edifier. New Stax Omega is in the works!
....lies.gif

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #18 of 39
It will be New Stax Omega vs Sennhesier He-1 vs Hifiman Shangri-La vs Warwick acoustic Aperio! The battle of the titans! :scream:

Annnnnnnnnnd Raal Sr1a (kratos) comes in to slay them all! :stuck_out_tongue:

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #19 of 39
Let’s remind ourselves that Stax Japan was Bought by Edifier, but it will not be under the directive of business management from Edifier or Chinese origin. That was very very clear ! This interview was explicitly mentioned that Edifier has neither business decisions and nor direction in relation to Stax Japan.

Yes, Stax has been developing and working on the new Omega since Stax Sr-009, and they also mentioned about that diaphragm from the Omega when they released SR-009S as well. They have not mentioned that the new Omega is being made or developed

I am also very confident that SR-009S was made to be flagship level, and just like any flagship from Stax, the cycle will not begin for another 5 + years.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #20 of 39
I think it will be a herculean task ahead for STAX engineers as most of old timers have now retired taking their expertise with them, so I would be say repeating the magic of original Omega is going to be quite a challenge. I'm all for it, hope STAX would manage to produce an absolute gem and make a lot of folks happy (that said, will be forced to pour more money into STAX pit) :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #21 of 39
That is a rumor

Don’t hold your breathes

Apparently, many people is listening by pocket depth and not much by ears or as a hobby

The same as people who purchased a Lamborghini or Ferrari. They just want to show their “passion + Pocket depth”, and that means they don’t have to know how to race and take a corner or exiting the corner either

The new market into headphones will be even further expand and climb up into much more expensive brackets, and I am not quite sure when it would reach it equilibrium either. It is so easy to show a room filled with 5 sets of headphones with each attached to it own systems and totaled upto millions dollars, rather than speakers set up......what I am trying to say is that, if we are going by this theory, headphones and portable systems are easier to collect, trade, and show off to friends or relatives than any hundreds lbs speakers

So....we all have to expect a system that would exceed $250,000 or more.

Starting out and brought to you by Sennheiser and Orpheus :wink:.....the same thing as high-end DAP, and thanks to A&K

Mm...my own brother does not even know that I own the HE 1. Not that it matters because he is not a headfier. He ll never understand. Same with rest of his family. None of my real-life friends, cousins, other relatives know that I have invested a considerable chunk of my hard-earned money into this hobby. Not that it matters because I did not buy all these stuff to impress others or to show off. I don’t give a f... I invested because I want to impress myself and reward myself with the best headfi gear around. Simple.

I think the hobby is big enough to accomodate this new piece of headfi hardware from Warwick. Let them be. The tent is big enough.

Apr 7, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #26 of 39
Coincidence Aperio model name ? borrowed from ill-fated dynamic "STAX APERIO Alpha-1" model ?
:thinking:

Still stuck on the name warwick chose. Longtime STAX enthusiasts not only recall the STAX APERIO Alpha1 model headphones (misaligned venture, Aargh...), but also STAX had an entire "parts" line called the "APERIO series" which began in the mid 1980's. Here's just an example image from the 1987 STAX catalog, among further years...an enormous amount of historic STAX info is on the Japanese 20cheaddatebase site & can be translated.

Maybe some long-timers remember this...(sorry, but we STAX folk are a scurvy bunch !).

Actually hoping this Warwick Aperio raises the performance bar, competition sometimes is a good thing; but their price drives most right to hi-end loudspeakers instead though...we always said TOTL hp's prices USED to be a bargain vs hi-end loudspeakers prices...trying to balance the see-saw...OK, I'll let it go now...carry on...apologies...-
aperio series.jpg

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #28 of 39
Reading about this, I'm extremely interested. The main issue's I had with the Model One's design was that it was a single ended driver design. Judging by their limited available design documentation and marketing blurbs, this is both a dual stator/electrode design and even perhaps a balanced mode drive electrostatic? Would be curious to see the guts of one of these once they're out, this split phase array design might have some serious potential if it's balanced mode.

May 15, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #29 of 39
For 24k, I would rather get a T2 with 009S and use the change to spend a week in South America with Coke and hookers.
My man!. That sounds like a grand plan.

May 16, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #30 of 39
Reading about this, I'm extremely interested. The main issue's I had with the Model One's design was that it was a single ended driver design. Judging by their limited available design documentation and marketing blurbs, this is both a dual stator/electrode design and even perhaps a balanced mode drive electrostatic? Would be curious to see the guts of one of these once they're out, this split phase array design might have some serious potential if it's balanced mode.

Please find attached the official APERIO brochure from Warwick Acoustics which goes into detail regarding the technology behind this flagship integrated electrostatic headphone system.
Further information is available on the website - https://warwickacoustics.com/headphones/collection/aperio/

Attachments

• The APERIO from Warwick Acoustics.LowRes.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back