WARNING: Fake Campfire Andromedas, Vegas and Solaris (Updated in 2022)
Dec 27, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #62 of 92
Dec 27, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #63 of 92
Dec 27, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #65 of 92
I would cautiously say, that they might be fake
Are they from aliexpress, with no box and no case?

Hi thankyou for the reply! 😁

My friend said they once bought his andromeda "used" and without box nor case at all (only the IEM and the cable) - yes it's getting more suspicious.

He had no clue whether the previous owner bought from aliexpress or anyhere else. *as far as I can remember, he bought his used andromeda for "only" under 550 USD from the previous owner.

Okay so far, all the signs pointing more towards the conclusion that his andromeda is fake 😅😅

Dec 27, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #66 of 92

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201227-214818_1.png
    Screenshot_20201227-214818_1.png
    417 KB · Views: 0
Mar 11, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #68 of 92

Does anybody can tell me is this legit or not?

The screws on the IEM in the photo you posted don't look right to me, which would indicate that tit's not a genuine product.

Below's a close-up of mine (definitely legit as I bought mine from the only official retailer that existed here at the time).

Campfire Audio Andromeda Close-Up.png

Mar 12, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #70 of 92
IMG_20210311_200614.jpg
Does anybody can tell me is this legit or not?
The screws are definitely suspect, as they look like the ones on the fakes. Can you show a picture of the nozzles and the cable socket?

Mar 12, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #71 of 92
it does not come with the stock cable, no other accessories. And actually i returned it to the previous owner since he is not sure whether his iem is fake or legit.
In term of sound, it is quite good with very impact bass response for a full ba iems, wide and surreal soundstage.

Mar 12, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #72 of 92
it does not come with the stock cable, no other accessories. And actually i returned it to the previous owner since he is not sure whether his iem is fake or legit.
In term of sound, it is quite good with very impact bass response for a full ba iems, wide and surreal soundstage.

That's another clue for them not being legit. In case of doubt, it's definitely always better not to get the product.

In my experience with several hundred IEMs, a large, three-dimensional soundstage is usually (although not exclusively) mainly created by specific tuning cues (recessed upper mids/presence range, elevated upper treble/super treble (the latter, in my experience, is especially responsible for the perception of spatial width); these tuning cues don't even have to be all that intense to lead to an audible effect on soundstage dimensions).

Nov 5, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #73 of 92
I'm resurrecting this thread because it seems there are now fake Classic Solaris IEMs being sold on AliExpress here. Note that these IEMs don't come with the retail packaging or the warranty card, or even the case. Please bear in mind Ken Ball's post above (here) stating: "ALL of our IEMs come with a warranty card and number. If you buying something that does not have full packaging, box and warranty cards then you are buying fakes. beware."

Nov 5, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #75 of 92
I'm resurrecting this thread because it seems there are now fake Classic Solaris IEMs being sold on AliExpress here. Note that these IEMs don't come with the retail packaging or the warranty card, or even the case. Please bear in mind Ken Ball's post above (here) stating: "ALL of our IEMs come with a warranty card and number. If you buying something that does not have full packaging, box and warranty cards then you are buying fakes. beware."
Thanks for the update. You can see that there are clear flaws in the pattern of the mould compared to the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back