WARNING: Fake Campfire Andromedas, Vegas and Solaris (Updated in 2022)
Sep 14, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #31 of 92
True, though i think it unlikely someone would spend that much money to sell a fake IEM. Maybe ask the buyer for pictures of the connector socket on the IEMs, as well as a close-up of the back. The fakes have different connectors and screws.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #32 of 92
Update: See the quoted posts below (or read the first couple of pages of the thread).

I came across this by pure chance. Thanks to the person in Singapore who put up a warning classified that caused the seller to delete some of his listings.

Basically, on Carosell, "gloryrain" has been listing fake Andromedas and Vegas. See the included pictures. They are very clearly fake as the MMCX connectors on real Vegas don't have a plastic surround. [Update: See Ken Ball's reply.] He has tried to hide this fact in a new listing using a generic picture for his Lyra II listing. They are very likely fakes as well.

Please avoid at all costs buying Campfire gear with descriptions like the ones below.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/trade-sell-campfire-vega-lyra-ii-iems-240833316/
https://sg.carousell.com/p/-trade-sell-new-campfire-lyra-ii-244231222/

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 11.21.30 am.png Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 11.21.54 am.png

Updates:
Is this pair of campfire andromeda fake as well? its half the price of the original andromeda without box, paper work and original cable(?) its on aliexpress

Attachments

• andro 2.PNG
    andro 2.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • andro.PNG
    andro.PNG
    230.5 KB · Views: 0
Aug 27, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #36 of 92
CA won't sell through ali so that's most definitely fake. If it's too good to be true it's too good to be true.

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #37 of 92
Looks like a pair of V1 to me. The fakes don't have those special screws.

Aug 27, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #39 of 92
Seems like the OEM manufacturer produced them in bigger quantity, the exact amount went to CA as purchase order, the rest is leaking. But not sure if they are legit. Its kinda illegal though. Dont support them

Aug 27, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #40 of 92
That's not the actual V1 if the screws are like that. The tuning is still V1 though, only shell and screws revision was done IIRC. Still, don't expect CA to sell through Ali. That could be an OEM or a refurbished unit since there are no accessories included.

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #42 of 92
This is probably the most helpful picture to show some of the variations. Also see the post I quoted below that shows the special screws that the fake ones don't have. I can't find a picture of the nozzle of the fakes vs. the originals unfortunately. The reckoning is that the company that made the shells was, typically of Chinese manufacturers, selling off extras to whomever would buy them, or a worker did a "night run" at the factory. However, the rest of the parts cannot be faked so easily. B-Stock excepted, the lack of any other accessories does raise some questions.

Andromeda
Authentic vs Fake
Obvious which is which
ctto

received_493251351251398.png Screenshot_2019-08-26-08-15-42~01.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back