WARNING! Buy Phillips Headphones AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Nov 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #18 of 24
You might be eligible. File a claim with visa. Manufacturer warranties under 3 years automatically extended by 1 year. Claim amount up to10,000.

http://usa.visa.com/business/why-pay-with-visa/security-benefits/bft-purchase-security.html#anchor_3

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #19 of 24
Are you looking to use headphones as just portables or at home? I'd go with the hd600s if it was for home usage.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #21 of 24
Are you looking to use headphones as just portables or at home? I'd go with the hd600s if it was for home usage.

I'm actually looking for a great sounding can for using on the go with my iPhone 5 and iPod Classic. And like I stated earlier, I am happy with the sound of the L1, if not it's repairability. And I love the removable remote cable. It comes in handy since I can use it in my truck and control my iPhone while it's connected to my car stereo unit.

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #23 of 24
  My Citiscape Uptowns show the same exact problem.  I haven't even worn them that much, either. I'll try superglue to fix it, but I think Philips headphones have a consistent manufacturing defect of this type.  

Yup had 100% identical issue with mine. I called in and basically they said I'd need to ship them the entire headphones to get it fixed. No pad replacements available. One of the many reasons I have stayed away from the L1 and X1 from the Fidelio line. Sad to see the same problems exist here as well. No replaceable pads is a big warning for me. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #24 of 24
Get creative. There are tons of oval shaped ear pads on the market. Rip your bad ones off, clean the excess pleather/ glue from the frame with a fine tooth file or scraper and order some generic ones that fit. If you feel comfortable with the new ones, glue them right on. If not, use double sided carpet tape and place 4-6 pieces around the pad to see how they fit and sound. That way if you want to change the pads to different ones, you aren't permanently stuck with the new ones. I do this all the time. It work fine. Use Locktite fabric glue as it is designed for vinyl, fabric. It will "move" without cracking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back