Warm, Laid-back sounding IEM's?
Jan 20, 2013 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ev0lution

Head-Fier
Hey everyone,
in the past i've been enjoying my Vsonic Gr07 and Gr07BE VERY Much they are an AWESOME IEM!
but there is one thing... Both are very much "BAM, right in your face" sounding, wich gets a bit Fatiguing after a little while...
Is there something out there which gives the same Deep Extending Bass As the GR07 BE but not quite as much (bass) quantity and overall a more Laid-Back sound signature? as well as not as much treble as the GR07, wich is awesome but i gets... a little piercing after some time...

btw while having laid back sound, with maybe slighty recessed highs, i still don't wanna loose the Detail reception, that the GR07 gives...

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
Someone needs to +2 this, but I've heard that the TDK (not Sennheiser) IE800 does the trick?

Also, I've been enjoying the HiFiMAN RE262, which has that laid-back nature as well.

+1 to the RE262. It's a shame it's discontinued, I would have loved to see the same sound but refined and in a better shell.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
Yes, that's true. +1 for the TDK IE800. You might also like the TDK BA200.

urgh *goose bumps* how sturdy is that flat cable? seems to be pretty hard to recable... any alternatives? i know... i'm kinda picky 'bout those kinda things 
size]
 btw my freakin' old Gr07 is now almost 2 Years old... i think... still looks like new, even though the colour of the cable has changed quite a bit, lol

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 11
The Klipsch Image X10 are highly recommended because bass on these IEMs are very effortless and goes deep and reverb (good punchy) and overall crisp clear mids, highs(both are very detailed but laidback) with Klipsch signature warm sound. Other IEMs like GR01, Sony XBA3, JVC FXD80, Denon C400 are close match with your requirements.

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
The Klipsch Image X10 are highly recommended because bass on these IEMs are very effortless and goes deep and reverb (good punchy) and overall crisp clear mids, highs(both are very detailed but laidback) with Klipsch signature warm sound. Other IEMs like GR01, Sony XBA3, JVC FXD80, Denon C400 are close match with your requirements.

hmm just found a pair x10's for 94 Euro's 
size]
 are there chances that these are fake? 

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
hmm just found a pair x10's for 94 Euro's 
size]
 are there chances that these are fake? 

Probably not, but you should buy from an authorized seller anyway, because the build isn't very solid on the X10. It was floating around 80 USD thru amazon.com not too long agon, so that seems to be a reasonable price.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #10 of 11
I also love the sound of the Klipsch X10s, but I will say that I have some issues with fit.  A lesser cousin is the Shure SE215 that do not sound as good but that I prefer more overall -- they're significantly more comfortable for my ears.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #11 of 11
+1 for the X10, great warm mid-forward sounding IEM with very good bass and a good soundstage with above average width.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back