Warbler Audio's Prelude CIEM- a labour of love
Sep 15, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #31 of 220
How could I have missed this thread over the past months?

After I had read Jelts review on THL I was already highly interested. Not much later Nics shootout #4 review appeared and now I have his Prelude (which fits perfectly btw) on a loan for some days.

Alright then...how does it feel when you fall in love? Wonderfull, right? It makes you think all day about that person and when you see that person, it makes you feel extremely happy inside.
Now replace 'person' with 'iem' and 'see' with 'listen to' in that above sentence and you'll have some clue of the state that I'm in these days.

This is how the Preludes signature is described on the Warbler site:
  • Overall accurate tonality
  • Smooth and detailed trebles
  • High resolution and seperation
Well, that probably pretty much sums it up indeed :thumbsup:

The Zeus XR is still technically the best / most impressive iem that I've heard so far, but the Prelude seems to add some sweet sunshine (hidden ingredient?) to the music, which makes it sound amazingly beautiful imo.

I just can't stop listening to this preciousss (so adictive) and my heart will surely bleed the day I'm gonna have to send it back.
Now, I keep on saying to myself: 'Only the SE5U can come (budgetwise) between me and this iem!', but I'm not even sure about that anymore :thinking:

Looking forward to more reviews / impressions over here in the near future!
TGIF. Man you made me happier today. Thank you. :thumbsup: Seems like you've found yourself in quite a dilemma there, hehe. Can't you try to force-fit the SE5 there?

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #32 of 220
Anyone care to share any impression of this IEM? I listened to it by trying to force-fit my friend's CIEM into my ears. The seal was not perfect but decent I think. Device used was SP1000SS.
Perhaps it's the imperfect seal, or perhaps it's the way it is, Prelude sounds a little lacking in extension in both ends as well as in transparency and air.
Don't know what y'all think?

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #33 of 220
I just received mine this week.
I wait for a pw n5 cable and an effect audio ares and I will come to share my impressions.
But right now i m very impressed with this ciem (only one driver).

This is my prelude
image2.JPG

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #34 of 220
I wait for a pw n5 cable and an effect audio ares and I will come to share my impressions.

This is my prelude
Wow...they look very nice/classy => congrats!
I'm not surprised that you are impressed...but whaaaaat? Only one (BA) driver? You must be kidding, right? :wink:

Btw, I'm curious if the PW n5 will have even better synergy with the Prelude than the Ares II :thinking:
To my ears the Prelude + Ares II is an almost perfect match.

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #35 of 220

This is my prelude
Very nice. You ordered both cables? It'd be interesting to hear your opinion on them. For now, enjoy! :)

Sep 15, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #36 of 220
Wow...they look very nice/classy => congrats!
I'm not surprised that you are impressed...but whaaaaat? Only one (BA) driver? You must be kidding, right? :wink:

Btw, I'm curious if the PW n5 will have even better synergy with the Prelude than the Ares II :thinking:
To my ears the Prelude + Ares II is an almost perfect match.

I did not have the No5 on me during the week I had my friend's Prelude. No5 should help retain the tone and timbre of the Prelude. But the stage will end up being quite intimate. Especially on the LPG.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #37 of 220
Yes i will have the two cables the next week .
And I will have a plenue 2 for a test.

And I will give my impressions.

Sep 16, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #38 of 220
The Zeus XR is still technically the best / most impressive iem that I've heard so far, but the Prelude seems to add some sweet sunshine (hidden ingredient?) to the music, which makes it sound amazingly beautiful imo.

I just can't stop listening to this preciousss (so adictive) and my heart will surely bleed the day I'm gonna have to send it back.
Now, I keep on saying to myself: 'Only the SE5U can come (budgetwise) between me and this iem!', but I'm not even sure about that anymore :thinking:

Looking forward to more reviews / impressions over here in the near future!

buy it , life is too short - sell one of the ciems you don't use and buy prelude

and then sell some more stuff and get se5

life is too damn short

Sep 22, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #39 of 220
Sharing a few photos of my Warbler Prelude. It's going to be delivered tomorrow. And hopefully arrives next week. :)

Credits to Hasan for taking these pictures, and Warbler team for creating this beauty!

10004363.jpg

10004364.jpg

10004365.jpg

10004366.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #41 of 220
Hasan is also sending mine tomorrow.

image1.JPG

Sep 22, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #43 of 220
Any pic Tas?

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #45 of 220