Wanting to make diy cables for my Alpha Dogs
Apr 25, 2015 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

buke9

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Help and Recommendation Contributor
I bought connectors from Mr. Speakers and Mogami for the connectors and was just looking for wires. I would like to build some high quality cables for my cans(Alpha Dogs). I would like to know some cable providers that have quality wires to build these. I am building a set of balanced cables for my future Liquid Carbon amp. I know there are way too many opinions on balanced or not cables but I need to try for myself. I want to build a fully balanced setup to see for myself. I would rather spend $100 or 200 for the cables than $400. I just want to know suppliers of high quality wire for making cables. I haven't decided on what type of cable just looking for options. I won't have my amp for months so there is no hurry. I would also like to build other cables so a source would be great.
Thanks
   Brent

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 4
I did mean Neutrik sorry for the confusion .

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 4
I did mean Neutrik sorry for the confusion .

No problem. But check out some of the Mogami bulk cable. Good stuff. Could use male/female four pin mini XLRs at the Y split. Small star quad for the cable proper and some twisted pair cable to each of the ear cups. Just a suggestion.

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back