Wanting some wireless headphones for multiple uses: movies, music, console gaming - in that order
Nov 1, 2016 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kayan

100+ Head-Fier
We bought a new TV a couple of weeks ago, a Samsung KS8500 and the sound mostly sucks. I live in an apartment so I can't turn our soundbar up very much at all. I also want something that will wirelessly stream music from my phone, and also allow me to play Xbox games (and chat in a party).

I'm not sure something exists that I'm looking for.

I've got a pair of Sony Z7 headphones hooked up to my desktop, but they're not really ideally usable for those other purposes I listed.

- I want to connect them wirelessly to my TV and be able to watch movies, without bothering anyone else, except maybe my wife. :p
- Wireless music streaming would be great too.
- Wireless (or wired into my Xbox 1S controller) for gaming and chatting in a party.

The caveat I'm having problems with is that most of the wireless Bluetooth headphones all have some form of noise cancelling. I don't want this at all. I'd prefer an open backed as if my wife or kids need me, I'll hear them without issue. That seems to be what I'm having problems locating. I can buy from any reputable seller in the US, and I don't really want something marketed for gaming, even though I will if I have to.

Max budget would be around 400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back