Price
Shipping Destinations
  1. Anywhere
Or Best Offer
Yes
Aug 7, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 9

Phon@ix

New Head-Fier
I would also check Amber 3 (new model - a friend got his last week) => It’s freaking good! (I’ve a G.A. balanced and love it, some friends own the TRP ((better than mine - could be that I will do an upgrade someday -))... At the end it’s a matter of taste, budget and system match.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 9

NNewman

100+ Head-Fier
Thanks for an option. I have already an outstanding SS dac dach dual AK4497. I'm looking for a second DAC for the system. It should be multibit or a resistor ladder dac. So Amber will not go this time. But I belive, that it is an outstanding DAC.

Mfg, Max.

Aug 8, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #4 of 9

Monsterzero

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks for an option. I have already an outstanding SS dac dach dual AK4497. I'm looking for a second DAC for the system. It should be multibit or a resistor ladder dac. So Amber will not go this time. But I belive, that it is an outstanding DAC.

Mfg, Max.

I believe the Amber can be special ordered to be R2R,and can have either tube or SS rectifier.
Perhaps drop a PM to @Gopher to be sure.

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 9

Gopher

Member of the Trade: LampizatOr Audio
I believe the Amber can be special ordered to be R2R,and can have either tube or SS rectifier.
Perhaps drop a PM to @Gopher to be sure.
Hi All.

We definitely appreciate the interest in our dacs. As good as the R2R units in generation 5 were, I'm proud to say we've discontinued this option for something far better. Our line up, including the current Amber feature what we term Engine 53 which is a slightly simplified version of the engine used in our flagship Pacific DAC which tops out around $35,000. This is the same engine in the Atlantic 2: TRP you've likely read about.

We do have a couple of solid state rectified Ambers still, but by default this DAC is now being built with tube rectification.

Please feel free to drop me a line with any further questions--the Ambers (and Atlantic) are absolutely killer pieces.

Best,

Fred A.

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 9

Phon@ix

New Head-Fier
By the way: Check the Final Touch Audio Callisto. Serbian brand, best USB cable I ever owned!

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 9

Gopher

By the way: Check the Final Touch Audio Callisto. Serbian brand, best USB cable I ever owned!

The entire Final Touch Audio line is very special indeed--thank you for the kind words!

As the exclusive dealer/distributor of FTA for North America, I'd be happy to discuss this line with anyone interested. :)

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #8 of 9

Phon@ix

New Head-Fier
Thx Fred. I‘m from Europe, in contact with Goran‘n‘his gang :)

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #9 of 9

Gopher

Goran is the man!

Yes, that was more of a PSA to everyone else. Obviously you're already clued in. :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread