1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Want truly high end headphones - look no further than your local WALMART!!!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by br777, Aug 17, 2011.
2 3
Next

Last
  1. Br777
    Thats right folks, walmart sells $600 headphones...  athw1000x   no less

or you could "settle" for the Sony mdrsa5000

2. sidel
    Still none at a physical location.  I am not impressed, Walmart.

3. Br777

Quote:

that's cause they'd be stolen off the shelves before anyone could buy them.

4. nikongod

Quote:

I doubt it has anything to do with theft. More than likely they (and a few other HUGE retailers) sell space on their website to smaller companies. 

5. Uncle Erik Contributor
    Cool! I'd like to see good headphones become more mainstream. I don't know if this will help much, but it's something.

6. MalVeauX

Quote:

You'd think so,

Considering what people pay for glasses, watches, shoes... hell, underwear.

Then you see them with some cheap junk headphones attached to a $400+ media phone.

I don't get it.

Very best,

7. tdockweiler
    I bought an AD300 at wal-mart's website for $35 and did a store pickup. I wonder if you can buy headphones online and return them at any local Wal-Mart store if there's a problem or you don't like them? That'd sure make it easier than mailing them in. Of course Amazon returns are pretty much near painful.

8. metalsonata
    Wow. What the? This is pretty cool. Nice find.

9. Shmulkey

Quote:
    AD300 at Walmart.com for $35?  I see them there for $78: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Audio-Technica-ATH-AD300-Open-Air-Dynamic-Headphone/16553063

You can get the T300 for $38 at Walmart.com: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=16419567

Did you benefit from some sort of sale or price mistake?

10. tdockweiler
    About 3-4 weeks ago they had a sale that was posted on here. They had the AD500 for $30 or so and when I tried to buy them they were out of stock. Got the AD300 for only $6 more. I actually like the AD300 more than the AD700 and it's better for small heads and has more forward sounding mids and less treble. Better for pop music and sounds a bit more natural IMO.

Wonder if the T300 is any good. They're available elsewhere online for around $25.

Quote:

11. bbophead
    What Chinese headphones will they be selling?

12. tdockweiler

Quote:

Was this really necessary? No different than anyone else when it comes to electronics really. Yes, Wal-Mart is probably 70% imports from China, but I don't want to have this thread locked.

13. kingoftown1

Quote:
    Rude.  Also, Audio Technica is a Japanese brand [​IMG]

I looked at their website a few weeks ago and most of their high end headphones weren't listed at competitive prices.

14. Shmulkey

Quote:

Cool.  Maybe they'll have more such sales in the future.

2 3
Next

Last