want to buy my first headphones need some help : 3
May 8, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 4
Going from Razer Kraken to either of those Sennheisers, the first thing you will notice is that there will be MUCH less bass.
To the point where you might be wondering "where is the bass?" 

Don't panic - both of these headphones have a VERY balanced sound presentation - much better than the Razer butt-kraken for music.

If 'quality' sound is the goal, don't get an internal PCIe sound card. These internal sound cards always have to battle with the electronic noise of the PC-case environment.
If you buy even a cheap external USB DAC/soundcard, you're guaranteed a clean background and better sound than on-board (mobo sound). 

Computer sound cards are primarily designed for games and movies with lots of processing features for 5.1, 7.1, 'surround' effects etc.
But when you listen to music, you want the purest stereo signal possible free of extra post processing and effects, and a shorter signal path.
Dedicated external DACs are also much easier to install and will follow you to your next PC.

Those cards aren't bad, but they're wasted on headphones.

Maybe start by looking at stuff from FiiO, like E10K.
If you simply don't like the idea of having an external solution and don't plan to upgrade your headphones to anything higher than the Sennheisers mentioned, then maybe just get a simple sound card, since the actual audible difference between the two, should be minimal.

May 8, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #3 of 4
You can have Senn HD518 cheaper but not 439. if you want a little more bass you can buy AudioTechnica ATH-WS55. And yes just like GREQ said , a cheap fiio external amp dac should bring awesome SQ.

May 8, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 4
so can you give me some headphones like for 100-150$
because i dont want to spend so much for headphones i want the hd558 but thay cost a lot
so can you give me some more cheap options ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back