Want new headphones $350 budget
Jul 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

joshjp

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys/girls, this is my first post here, as you can tell from the title im looking for some new Headphones below $350, ok so first i will tell you what i currently have, i have the Harman Kardon CL, they are good, but i finnd them to be to forward sonding, and there is to much sibblince in the vocals, thats what bugs me the most about these, i was looking at either the V-Moda M100, Bowers & Wilkins P5, Sennheiser Momentum, and the Harman Kardon BT, i would like a smooth sound, no sibblince, it has to have bass, not to much though. My listening habbits are mostly Rap, but i do listen to other types of music also including, Rock, Jazz ECT... Any help will be appreciated. Thank You

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 12
You could a lot worse than a 2nd hand pair of Westone 4's from another Head-Fier. They would be in good condition and give you an excellent IEM at a very nice price.
The W4 are not only smooth but can do controlled bass even if they do have a bit of a mid bass hump. I dont find it as bad as people make out and there are multiple happy owners here.
My 2ps worth.

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
You could a lot worse than a 2nd hand pair of Westone 4's from another Head-Fier. They would be in good condition and give you an excellent IEM at a very nice price.
The W4 are not only smooth but can do controlled bass even if they do have a bit of a mid bass hump. I dont find it as bad as people make out and there are multiple happy owners here.
My 2ps worth.

Thanks, i will look at them, but i should mention im looking for a pair of On-Ear/Over-Ear Headphones.

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #9 of 12
Check out this thread, it may prove helpful, or at least may get some more possibilities on your radar: http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12

Quote:
My 2ps worth.

Who says the W4s are bad? Any chance you can shed some light on this? 
(reason I'm asking is because I'm looking into getting the W3/4s)

Jul 14, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #10 of 12
Jul 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #11 of 12
Out of the ones you listed, the Momentum is a match. The only qualm some have about them, is that the pads are kind of small for over-ears. So depending on your ear size, they could be uncomfortable.

I think a solid can that may be the sound you want in the Audio Technica M50. They're a very popular over-ear and studio quality headphone that sound good with most genres, especially pop, hip hop, rock, etc. A new pair can be had for under $160 and there are used ones on the classified forum on head-fi for less than $100.

They'd at least be a great place to start and give you a frame of reference to make comparisons with.

Cheers, 
Joe

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
Out of the ones you listed, the Momentum is a match. The only qualm some have about them, is that the pads are kind of small for over-ears. So depending on your ear size, they could be uncomfortable.

I think a solid can that may be the sound you want in the Audio Technica M50. They're a very popular over-ear and studio quality headphone that sound good with most genres, especially pop, hip hop, rock, etc. A new pair can be had for under $160 and there are used ones on the classified forum on head-fi for less than $100.

They'd at least be a great place to start and give you a frame of reference to make comparisons with.

Cheers, 
Joe

Thank you, yea that the one gripe i hear about the Momentums, i have the Sennheiser HD 202, so i will call and see if the ear cups are the same size. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back