Want bass?
Mar 30, 2004 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

lini

Thought the last line in Citizen Kane was nosebud.
Gigantomaniac, anyone?
wink.gif
Look here: http://www.royaldevice.com/custom3.htm

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Mar 30, 2004 at 1:13 PM Post #3 of 26
That's like those "the largest pizza in the world", "the longest sausage in the world" etc. thingies
biggrin.gif

... or "the tallest dwarf in the world" (that was said to exist in the Soviet Union during the period when they tried to demonstrate that everything in the Soviet Union was better / quicker / higher / stronger etc. than in the capitalist world
biggrin.gif
).

Mar 30, 2004 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 26
When somebody starts building a room they're serious about their sound. When somebody starts digging in the ground, they've got a lot of time and some serious thought going into that. I think the only time I'd dig a hole in the ground is to make sand castles.
tongue.gif

The bass on this would probably eat me alive.

Mar 30, 2004 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 26
Yeah sorta reminds of the Italian Job... where the guy wants to buy speakers so loud that if a girl stood at just the right spot, all her clothes would fly off..

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Chinchy
Yeah sorta reminds of the Italian Job... where the guy wants to buy speakers so loud that if a girl stood at just the right spot, all her clothes would fly off..

he actually mentions the names of what he wanted. some kind of NAD component with some burr-brown DACs if I recall correctly.

anyone know specifically?

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 26
Woah, that thing would be asbolutely incredible sounding. I wonder how much it cost the guy to have all that work done to his house? Sheesh, that is simply overkilled overkill this time.

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #13 of 26
you can pour flour in that underground mold and make a giant pretzel

Mar 31, 2004 at 5:21 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by chiefroastbeef
you can pour flour in that underground mold and make a giant pretzel

But will it shake the roof? (Is it a New York pretzel?)

I hope his system sounds fantastic. After the work he's put into it he deserves to be able to sit back and bounce up and down due to the bass under his floor.

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:36 AM Post #15 of 26
I wonder if it makes his internal organs a-splode?

That might put a damper on the listening enjoyment....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back