Want an ATH-ES5? Think up a competition for me.
May 25, 2005 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Au...Headphone.html

(it's the silver one)

I've not used these at all since the review. Shame to have them just sitting here collecting dust. (pause to blow away cobwebs too). It’s not that they’re bad… it’s mainly just that I expected isolation. It does sound better than the PX100/200 so sonically there’s a bit of an upgrade.

I’m out of ideas for a giveaway competition right now, so give me some suggestions for how I could give it away. Thanks.

Odd thread, no?

May 25, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 33
rolleyes.gif
choose a number btw 0 to 500. and let people guess your number. the one who guessed the closest to the number you picked wins the headphones. this is how I do this kind of stuff all the time. its kinda no brainer but its the easiest.
icon10.gif

May 25, 2005 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 33
Pick your worst record of all time and see who can guess it.

May 25, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 33
I liked the competition we had a while ago (I forgot who sponsored it), but it involved us guessing the artist and album, given a small piece of the album's cover art.

Or, if you have as many headphones as Tyll the madman...you could do "Bangraman's Friggin Desk Contest"
icon10.gif

May 25, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 33
give it to me so i can give it to my brother who is in college and cnt afford ****, i just cnt stand watching him listen to music out of his lappy using iriver headphones

May 26, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
I liked the competition we had a while ago (I forgot who sponsored it), but it involved us guessing the artist and album, given a small piece of the album's cover art.

Interestingly enough, if I remember correctly, that was Bangraman's contest too =)

May 26, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Interestingly enough, if I remember correctly, that was Bangraman's contest too =)

yeah it was

May 26, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #10 of 33
How about helping Head-Fi at the same time by giving them to the next person to become a paid contributor to the site.

May 26, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #12 of 33
I like the number guessing game or obscure movie references.

May 26, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #13 of 33
Start a Giveaway thread, and the first 50 people (or whatever number of people) replying are all candidates, nobody else CAN win. After you get your group of people (by posting a message like "Everyone that posted before this post is eligible") each of them will send you a PM with the name of the candidate that they feel is most deserving of the headphones, but you can't vote for yourself.

This way you get a medium group of people, and hopefully they'll reply or edit into thier reply a good reason that they're needy, and then those same people will choose the one that's neediest.

A different way would be to announce a "be a nice person" contest. You say that for the next two days, people have a chance to be generally nice and helpful to their fellow man, and then two days later, you ask people to reply to the thread with what they have done. Anything from "picked up some trash in the park and helped an old lady carry her groceries" to "cured cancer". And then you pick who you feel was the most creative, or helpful, or whatever criteria you choose to use, but this way maybe your giveaway will help brighten up the world a little, and then brighten up someone's day when they win them.

May 26, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #15 of 33
See who can throw stock cans the farthest. Alternativly, a stock can soccer/basketball game. It would also be cool to name the sonic characteristics of a certain pair of headphones and have the first person to name them win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back